Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
These are serious matters
Not if they send those Marcos
I don't see why they would send para since Quad is primarily focused on the maritime domain (do correct me if I'm wrong)
Edit:
Or (((((even less likely)))) they probably bought those neat gear beforehand and started training for this exercise in particular???
Don't wanna look like amateurs in front of seals and whatever AUS and JAP has!!

abingdonboy

Country flag
I don't see why they would send para since Quad is primarily focused on the maritime domain (do correct me if I'm wrong)
Edit:
Or (((((even less likely)))) they probably bought those neat gear beforehand and started training for this exercise in particular???
Sounds like some excuses already

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
First, I don't understand your level of sarcasm ,the English that you use is beyond my comprehension.
Apologies. For the English. Result of a 'corrective' action of a certain English Teacher in Bishop's, Pune, for being unable to pronounce "peculiar" as a Standard 2 kid. The good old cane was handy.

Second,I am not the type who exaggerates points or facts to prove a point.
Citation has been given - open sourced. So, exaggeration?

Could you kindly disprove the open sourced extracts, so the there is no exaggeration of "facts"? The author is very much on twitter, as are you. Shall be greatly indebted.

Here for your reference, my post:

And for SG.... none of the above holds ...... they don't even know who the other members of another team are, unless told specifically. They remain "paired up" and roam embedded - always. Rumor of them being at 7 RCR can neither be confirmed, nor be denied.

Just a side note.
The extract, again:

To point towards a 'potential' involvement in PM protection (Part of the designated VIP Protection Detail very much their charter too)

A1.JPG

And of course, the buddy pair being pointed out with the under (this, a photo for publication, obviously has the lesser risk of the buddy standing next to target during rapid fire (?) from 10 m (?) - this, when there can be a public "outrage" over unnecessary risk to troops {reason why Battle Inoculation was done away with}):

A2.JPG

source: https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/...-army-raw-paramilitary-unit-800036-1999-11-30

Third, I don't know my whether my knowledge is the only form of correct knowledge but I don't have a scale to compare either.
Oh, not at all. Yours is the only form of correct knowledge and information. After all, to my points as quoted above for your reference, you did say:

SG wala thoda jyaada ho gaya, that's not the case.
Do look forward to reading you now. Albeit, intermittently as the proclivities of life keep me constrained from being more involved in learning here regularly.

Regards always.
H

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
Apologies. For the English. Result of a 'corrective' action of a certain English Teacher in Bishop's, Pune, for being unable to pronounce "peculiar" as a Standard 2 kid. The good old cane was handy.

Citation has been given - open sourced. So, exaggeration?

Could you kindly disprove the open sourced extracts, so the there is no exaggeration of "facts"? The author is very much on twitter, as are you. Shall be greatly indebted.

Here for your reference, my post:

The extract, again:

To point towards a 'potential' involvement in PM protection (Part of the designated VIP Protection Detail very much their charter too)

View attachment 106283

And of course, the buddy pair being pointed out with the under (this, a photo for publication, obviously has the lesser risk of the buddy standing next to target during rapid fire (?) from 10 m (?) - this, when there can be a public "outrage" over unnecessary risk to troops {reason why Battle Inoculation was done away with}):

View attachment 106284

source: https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/...-army-raw-paramilitary-unit-800036-1999-11-30

Oh, not at all. Yours is the only form of correct knowledge and information. After all, to my points as quoted above for your reference, you did say:

Do look forward to reading you now. Albeit, intermittently as the proclivities of life keep me constrained from being more involved in learning here regularly.

Regards always.
To Mr H,
I was a part of the bigger organisation for good 2 years and have seen the SG very closely. The tasks that they do is obviously known on need to know basis. I can't say anything more. Whoever you are Mr H, organisations change with time and so does their mandate and modus operandi. Its top down, the diplomacy of the country dictates many aspects of military. And I still don't understand your sarcasm, it doesn't help and also it doesn't matter where you studied if you can't convey it in a language people would understand.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
I was a part of the bigger organisation for good 2 years and have seen the SG very closely.
Okay. "seen closely" - The operative phrase.

The tasks that they do is obviously known on need to know basis. I can't say anything more.
Precisely. So, when you say

SG wala thoda jyaada ho gaya, that's not the case.
where was the exaggeration then?

Exaggeration in terms of the fact that they are embedded ?(I am sure you can look up what embedded means when used in context here).

Or that they are paired up always? ("Buddy System" even in small arms training?)

Or that one team may not know members of other teams unless specifically told (holds for Assault Team "C", does it not?)

Whoever you are Mr H,
I am a nobody. Been a nobody all my life.

organisations change with time and so does their mandate and modus operandi.
Really? Glad to 'learn' that. So, could be that there may just be certain "very shy" individuals who may just have a slightly better knowledge over certain events/organizations based on experience/service profile which they can feel comfortable to share with in a public domain being fully aware how much had been officially released almost 02 decades back? What say? Possible? Perhaps they may just know how much is there in public domain? It is not as if we are discussing MARCOS and how they chart enemy ports to keep "current".

Its top down, the diplomacy of the country dictates many aspects of military. And I still don't understand your sarcasm, it doesn't help and also it doesn't matter where you studied if you can't convey it in a language people would understand.
Plain and simple - you tried to cast aspersion on my statement. Yet failed to disprove an open sourced citation, published in 1999 with official sanction (that is a FYI) which does point to what I "claimed".

There is a certain courtesy that needs to be extended to fellow professionals till they prove an ass attacking you. I follow that strictly.

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Idk dude, AK is an extremely weird system.
Also, while what you say definitely does apply to shiny Zenitco parts, rough extended use will definitely make it wobblier and wobblier till it sucks harder than Lisa Ann.
Plus, I can't tell by the pictures if those are actually aftermarket parts with our guys or Piccatiny rails arc welded on the upper reciever.

I refer to it as an upper receiver.
What bigger authority do you need than Waanar?

La ilaha il Waanar, o Mikhail u rasool Waanar.
Waanar hu Akbar.
Just a tip, if you REALLY want to understand how Kalashnikov bolt+bolt carrier system actually works, then first study M1 Garand,
it would seem an odd suggestion but trust me AK system is nothing but reworked Garand system in magazine-fed configuration, kinda further simplified (in terms of parts and overall structure) and long stroke piston is turned around so now gas system is above barrel instead of below like in Garand
i wish i could say you to study M14 rifle instead of Garand because it is further nearer to Kalashnikov with its magazine fed configuration but then again they gave up on a feature that is there on AK (and of course derived from Garand) named anti-pre-engagemenet (don't worry about it for now but it is an important part of AK's working mechanism, also present on Garand,not present on M14 rifle)
so yeah, the primary reason it is called "top cover" and not upper receiver is due to this Garand Legacy, the whole working mechanism is housed in a single receiver itself BUT the top part of the working mechanism is now "covered" with a metallic cover unlike Garand which is an open system hence it is called top cover in general...you shall get the idea after studying both Garand and AK's workings.

M1 Garand cutaway
1629663249239.png

1629663259472.png

AK cutaway
1629663305356.png

So where to even "study" it ? I'd say youtube...

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Definitely looks like Marcos are being represented at the Quad exercise. I hope the navy is notes down all equipment deficiencies and implements them. I have big hopes from them.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...-off-guam-in-indopacific-101627986615822.html
If they haven’t learnt their lesson by now they aren’t going to

Every year for a decade now there have been annual SF-SF joint exercises between the armies of India and the US not to mention countless other interactions on top of that for all 3 branches of SFs

They know the deficiencies, they just don’t care.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
If they haven’t learnt their lesson by now they aren’t going to

Every year for a decade now there have been annual SF-SF joint exercises between the armies of India and the US not to mention countless other interactions on top of that for all 3 branches of SFs

They know the deficiencies, they just don’t care.
How would it matter if Marcos or other SFs care about foreign gucchi gear or not.

The financial powers are rested with the Government. If there is a will from the Government there is a way.
Aparently equipping SFs to western standards is not on the priority list, as are some of the big ticket items like tanks, aircrafts, submarines etc.

If in future GOI decides that SFs should be upgraded, then we will see improvements on the ground.
The SFs themselves have very little say in this. Though like everyone else, they also want improvements.

Scramjet

Country flag
Edit:
The excercise is named malabar which is navy exclusive, so...there's no reason to send in para SF

abingdonboy

Country flag
How would it matter if Marcos or other SFs care about foreign gucchi gear or not.

The financial powers are rested with the Government. If there is a will from the Government there is a way.
Aparently equipping SFs to western standards is not on the priority list, as are some of the big ticket items like tanks, aircrafts, submarines etc.

If in future GOI decides that SFs should be upgraded, then we will see improvements on the ground.
The SFs themselves have very little say in this. Though like everyone else, they also want improvements.
This is what I said

mupper

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles