Indian Special Forces

Chakraborty

Country flag
VZ 58 was truly a weapon ahead of its time. Wonder why don't the SF modify it as per the current standard and continue to use them. Currently the VZs are mostly used for parades and for exhibitions. Would love to see the SF using their old favourites in active combat.

By the way, modifying a VZ58 is not a rocket science. A bit of fab furniture would fix it. It's as simple as modifying an ak and would probably give a better performance as compared to an ak.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
VZ 58 was truly a weapon ahead of its time. Wonder why don't the SF modify it as per the current standard and continue to use them. Currently the VZs are mostly used for parades and for exhibitions. Would love to see the SF using their old favourites in active combat.

By the way, modifying a VZ58 is not a rocket science. A bit of fab furniture would fix it. It's as simple as modifying an ak and would probably give a better performance as compared to an ak.
The most important thing to put on a rifle is an optic, if they atleast put those on i will be fine. Vanilla Ak with special forces, the best soldiers in this country is just depressing.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The most important thing to put on a rifle is an optic, if they atleast put those on i will be fine. Vanilla Ak with special forces, the best soldiers in this country is just depressing.
Such such basic things in 2021 (sights have been standard issue for Western SOFs since at least the late 1980s)

Points to much deeper and more fundamental issues but apparently we aren’t allowed to mention that in this thread for fear of being accused of insulting individual soldiers.

ShoorVeer

Country flag
Such such basic things in 2021 (sights have been standard issue for Western SOFs since at least the late 1980s)

Points to much deeper and more fundamental issues but apparently we aren’t allowed to mention that in this thread for fear of being accused of insulting individual soldiers.
Yeah, well everyone knows this is a reflection of the systemic crisis, leadership crisis and the lack of focus with bad organizational culture and misplaced priorities. Now there is no way to hide this.

What baffles me personally, is that the top leadership not only has access to highest levels of government, but also has exposure to the best special forces of the world though joint training and exercises and diplomatic engagements. Even then they are somehow content with the current state of things and not pushing for reforms quickly.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
I think there is a joint special forces exercise between quad nations can someone share photos of that exercise

MuzzleVelocity

People shit on civilians, but anyone holding a corporate job would be fired if this is the type of procurement strategy is being followed and implemented. These babus (I find it a vague term) or whoever does the procurement needs to know that they are playing with our SF's lives.

Chakraborty

Country flag

The standard issue rifle of even an infantry soldier is equipped with a sight and a laser illuminator in the US army and marine corps. I am not even sure whether our SF has adequate ir illuminator. As for the weapons sights, countless RR guys are running with vanilla AKs with no sights, PEQs , foregrips etc. To think that such a elite COIN unit like RR lacks something as basic as scope in 2020s is simply unbelievable. I guess the discussion about the crisis of scopes in SF in 2020s happens only in India.

If I have hurt the sentiments of fanboys, I am sorry. But this is the true state of our elites. The negligence by top brass and the "babu"s are clearly affecting the performance of SF operators.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles