Indian Special Forces

Fire and groove

Country flag

Taliban Special Forces..sooner or later the Kashmiri militants would get their hands on all these high-tech equipment...the question is are the Indian SFs prepared?
That High-tech gear literally boils down to their helmet and body armor in terms of numbers. Body armor is out of the question if they're trying to trek their way into Kashmir, and the helmet isn't going to achieve much beyond NVG mounting. Beyond that, thermals are still a rarity for the Taliban and the NVGs are older gen and comparable to the shit we have now.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Highlights from the 50th Para Bgd display :
Suppressed Tavor
Nice Gripod type foregrip on the AK
Dragunov Upgrade - better scope

Various TI sights and designators - two variants of spotter scopes
Snake Cam - That's a new one, I've seen it for the first time outside of NSG.
Panasonic Tufbook laptop
Listening devices

Garmin underwater GPS Nav system
This brigade should be equipped on par with the SF units (I know they have a SF btn attached to it), they will be India’s first responders in any short sharp out of area contingency. BMPs, Gypsys, AKs etc aren’t going to cut it.

in role they are pretty much identical to the US’s 82nd airborne global response force that is on 2 hour standby to deploy anywhere in the world.

I imagine if tomorrow india needed to stabilise Kabul these are the guys that would be sent (like they were in the Maldives). It’s a good structure and they seem well practiced but they are not as sharp as they need to be.
Something like this is a strategic asset and should be funded/scrutinised accordingly

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
USA screwed us as a friends. india should ask why we should pay for your weapons when you are giving free weapons to our enemy.
We should see some purchase of m4s or scars through FMS route from US soon.after soviet invasion taliban was mostly armed with ak's now they have night vision equipment and m16/m4s that are now gonna get pakistan to arm terrorists .rifles ak or m4 isn't gonna make a massive difference to a terrorist but night vision equipment can be troublesome

vjoshi

Country flag
We should see some purchase of m4s or scars through FMS route from US soon.after soviet invasion taliban was mostly armed with ak's now they have night vision equipment and m16/m4s that are now gonna get pakistan to arm terrorists .rifles ak or m4 isn't gonna make a massive difference to a terrorist but night vision equipment can be troublesome
we will be paying for usa mismanagement both financially and in human cost

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
If you don’t have the required training, NVGs are a liability than asset, yes thermal sights are going to be dangerous.

vjoshi

Country flag
If you don’t have the required training, NVGs are a liability than asset, yes thermal sights are going to be dangerous.
don't underestimate pakistan and china ingenuity in making sure these guns are used against us. i do not see any difference between china , pakistan and taliban. now it is 3.5 front war. actually 4 front war with 0.5 from inside and 0.5 help from usa. i shudder to think how the scenario would have been if congress was in power at current time.

Last edited:

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Is it even confirmed? I don’t think so. It is not some cheap stuff, it costs nearly a 1 BHK flat in Chandigarh.
No, just saw this post on reddit where users were saying that they saw it on instagram and that it was some private Military contractor who had posted this pic of his kit on insta. Don't know whether it's true or not

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
No, just saw this post on reddit where users were saying that they saw it on instagram and that it was some private Military contractor who had posted this pic of his kit on insta. Don't know whether it's true or not
If he’s contractor then he can’t afford leaving his kit behind, an SF guy’s kit costs more than my flat.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles