Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
I don't know whether it's confirmed
Afghan Special forces have Dual tube NVGs and Helmet mounted TIs
Since Taliban took over the government, guess what else is in the government, the NDS, their foreign intelligence agency, and all of NDS's assets around the globe is currently under Taliban government, all of the intelligence apparatus

Would be extremely easy for Pakis to get some pals to run few errands in Kashmir for 72 hoors, with all the equipment of ANDSF special forces, we can see more effective terror plans (that is once they manage to break through AIOS in LoC)

Absolute shame on our government even the Afg scenario doesn't make them dish out 100 billion at least a year on Defence budget

On a different note
@Hellfire Ji
Have the Para ever encountered foreign tangoes with dual tube NVGs or perhaps even quad tube???
I have seen pictures of passive Night vision aiming sights and Monoculars on M4s on Tangoes, almost all of them were captured American stuff smuggled in, if that can be smuggled through Pakiland why not Dual/quad tubes?
I say bring it on.

for all the critiques one thing that can be said about the Indian armed forces is they are relatively good at plugging holes AFTER the fact.

if terrorists start hitting them at night with some of this Gucci stuff RR may be running US Tier 1 Level NVGs (and associated equipment) 2-3 years after.

whilst I wouldn’t wish for it (it will be another distraction india absolutely doesn’t need) one of the upsides to Pakis pushing these kind of clowns into India would be a further enhancing of the prominence of security in the Indian mindset. They’d have to stop focusing (purely) in freebies and actually take security seriously for a while. 26/11 lead to a lot of change for the good and India on the whole is better for it.

it is rather shocking that the encirclement India is seeing and the breakdown in the region (Myanmar, BD and now Af) India has not committed itself to at the minimum 2% of GDP on defence instead Modi has presided over historically low (as a % of GDP) defence budgets.

Indians and their freebies, name a more iconic duo.

(+ the Situation in Af is too fishy for my conspiratorial mind, I don’t think it’s good for India but I also don’t think it’s immediately a problem either- Pakis are celebrating FAR too soon and I would be absolutely terrified if I was in their position. The US no longer gives 2 hoots about them as their utility to them for was largely as a land route to support ISAF. Taliban are not the kind of neighbours anyone wants and now they are left with China who are already getting tired of Pakistan’s antics)

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
What are the NVGs being used with the Apaches and Chinooks?
IAF and IN got AN-AVS 9 with their C130Js and MH60Rs respectively, so I’m assuming even these platforms would have gotten the same package .

ManhattanProject

Country flag

Taliban Special Forces..sooner or later the Kashmiri militants would get their hands on all these high-tech equipment...the question is are the Indian SFs prepared?
Nonsense all they are is some monkeys pretending to be commando.
That equipment wont do anything for them if you have minimal to no training.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
U said the same about them less than a month ago..and now they are running the government in Kabul with Afg Sfs nowhere in the scene. Never underestimate ur enemies.
Guns and some equipment may reach here but most of the idiotic terrorists post images of them with m4s and other gucci stuff on social media and get sent to 72hoors by security forces.and taliban isn't gonna send its most hardened veterans to kashmir as they are gonna need them

ManhattanProject

Country flag
U said the same about them less than a month ago..and now they are running the government in Kabul with Afg Sfs nowhere in the scene. Never underestimate ur enemies.
I am talking about pakistani terrorists not taliban.
Taliban won without a fight, the ANA was too corrupt and their leadership failed them.
But i have to say, didnt expect them to fold so easily or so soon.

armyofhind

Country flag

Highlights from the 50th Para Bgd display :
Suppressed Tavor
Nice Gripod type foregrip on the AK
Dragunov Upgrade - better scope

Various TI sights and designators - two variants of spotter scopes
Snake Cam - That's a new one, I've seen it for the first time outside of NSG.
Panasonic Tufbook laptop
Listening devices

Garmin underwater GPS Nav system

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles