Indian Special Forces

Gessler

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This seems to be a paintpall gun used for training.

Sterling is the standard weapon for IN VBSS - pretty appalling actually, considering they are actually pretty fine when it comes to other equipment.

View attachment 105184
Why not use MP5 instead of sterling? Just because it has some barrel life left doesn’t mean it should be used.

Gessler

Country flag
Why not use MP5 instead of sterling? Just because it has some barrel life left doesn’t mean it should be used.
Bhai why not ki baat kare toh bahut guns pade hue hai duniya mein.

If you ask me, I think there's just using whatever they have on hand from IN inventory. Let them get into a couple serious firefights with a batch of particularly well-equipped pirates (or better yet, Al-Shabaab), let them incur a few casualties, then you can bet a knee-jerk order will be placed for new weapons.

It's sad & terrible thing to say, but that's exactly how it works here. It takes a jolt or rude wake up call for anything to happen.

To be frank, that's how it is in most countries, even US. It just so happens that they already had their wake up calls ages ago, but instead of being smart about it and incorporating the developments that came as a result of lessons already hard-learnt by someone else, we have to wait for the same thing to happen to us before we do anything. Unfortunate, but true.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

If you ask me, I think there's just using whatever they have on hand from IN inventory. Let them get into a couple serious firefights with a batch of particularly well-equipped pirates (or better yet, Al-Shabaab), let them incur a few casualties, then you can bet a knee-jerk order will be placed for new weapons.

It's sad & terrible thing to say, but that's exactly how it works here. It takes a jolt or rude wake up call for anything to happen.

To be frank, that's how it is in most countries, even US. It just so happens that they already had their wake up calls ages ago, but instead of being smart about it and incorporating the developments that came as a result of lessons already hard-learnt by someone else, we have to wait for the same thing to happen to us before we do anything. Unfortunate, but true.
No, I said this because they alreacy have a lot of MP5s.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
VBSS also uses Amogh carbine in small numbers. In addition, JVPC has also cleared army trials. Which should ideally replace the Sterlings.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
This seems to be a paintpall gun used for training.

Sterling is the standard weapon for IN VBSS - pretty appalling actually, considering they are actually pretty fine when it comes to other equipment.

View attachment 105184

VBSS also uses Amogh carbine in small numbers. In addition, JVPC has also cleared army trials. Which should ideally replace the Sterlings.
What’s more embarrassing for the Navy VBSS is the Coast guard too have largely replaced Sterlings with Amogh and INSAS for their members who board ships and are quite happy with the Amogh too. PS they also possess Carl Gustaff RCLs too😂

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
There isn‘t a very big market, in USA there’s a huge huge civillian market to cater. And military market is low.

@AVINASH4061 sir what is your opinion on Israeli Agilite K19 plate carrier or Agilite company as a whole?
I have never used once, hence my remarks won't mean much. But the way I see them on the videos, they seem great. They are pricey too. So it's the call between the quality and the price.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles