Indian Special Forces

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I didn't buy any vest from Oliveplanet, I bought a non-ballistic helmet.

As per the info provided on that page they are selling the vest + 2 x Level-III+ armour plates as a package.

As you said an original Crye JPC 2.0 goes for about 18k.

A single Level-III+ plate from AR500 goes for about 7.5k, so 15k for 2 plates (all prices directly converted from USD retail prices).

That still only adds up to about >35k

Once you add the import duties + profit margin it should be higher, but 55k still seems pretty high. Well, there aren't many sellers doing this in India, so banta hai I guess.

Someone check if GST on ballistic armour is very high or what. :laugh:
Shipping to India also is very expensive, also not all defence products get customs exemption, surely individual or unit level will not. Hell even Navy's Mig 29Ks were not spared by customs.

Sourajit Dutta

Country flag
Indian Army has been reduced to a joke
Toy soldiers
Say the people with achivement of "Senior Member" on this forum (yet to prove credible irl achivements), sitting anonymously behind a keyboard. Technological shortcomings exists specially with Night Capabilities & Communication systems, thanks to the one's in charge of procurements, but they'll be addressed today or tomorrow for sure. But cursing the Soldiers or Organisation as a whole only shows your stupidity.
Makes total sense why @Unknowncommando 2 shut himself away from this forum.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Say the people with achivement of "Senior Member" on this forum (yet to prove credible irl achivements), sitting anonymously behind a keyboard. Technological shortcomings exists specially with Night Capabilities & Communication systems, thanks to the one's in charge of procurements, but they'll be addressed today or tomorrow for sure. But cursing the Soldiers or Organisation as a whole only shows your stupidity.
Makes total sense why @Unknowncommando 2 shut himself away from this forum.
This is an argument from authority, if you haven’t done X you can’t speak about it. It’s a redundant argument but often used to shut down criticism by outsiders.

I have never questioned the will, intentions or physical capabilities of these men as soldiers. I’ve said may times they are some of the finest infantry soldiers in the world bar none. But they are special forces, so we are assessing them as SPECIAL FORCES, when you actually understand that term and what SF units are meant to be capable of doing then the holistic capabilities(or lack thereof) of Indian units definitely deserves scrutiny and critique.

this is an open discussion forum, there’s no credential check to participate. You are free to believe there’s nothing wrong and to deny what your eyes are telling you but that is already what almost everyone does and then when the actual results when needed are subpar there will be disbelief and denials.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles