Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Don’t think Russian made AKs have the wire stock, if I’m not wrong Romanian and Polish AKs have them, many pics are there of them with INSAS and INSAS LMGs.
Yeah exactly plus the presence of the CG RCL and INSAS LMG make it clear the Indian side took their own weapons with them.

PARA (SF) running around with ancient completely basic AKs, even Somali SFs would be embarrassed.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Look in all the pictures of INDRA-21, all the AKs used by the Russians are uniform all black AK-103s (I think) whilst the Indian side has a mix of fixed butt, wire side swing etc and they are a mix of old wood furniture and florescent orange painted- that just screams IA (pretty much how they run in RR)
AK74m is standard issue for Roosies

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Yeah exactly plus the presence of the CG RCL and INSAS LMG make it clear the Indian side took their own weapons with them.

PARA (SF) running around with ancient completely basic AKs, even Somali SFs would be embarrassed.
I still wonder why they dropped the ball on guns, going with JPC like PCs and High Cut Helmets which is relatively Gucci gear for them. M4s and Sigs probably because they’re Yanky guns haven’t gone there, but I don’t see why they can’t take Tavors or FAB mod AKs atleast. Even B&T MP9s could have been taken.

Rakesh4600

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I still wonder why they dropped the ball on guns, going with JPC like PCs and High Cut Helmets which is relatively Gucci gear for them. M4s and Sigs probably because theyre Yank guns haven’t gone there, but I don’t see why they can’t take Tavors or FAB mod AKs atleast. Even B&T MP9s could have been taken.
Thats the point NOT A SINGLE TAVOR OR EVEN FAB AK

abingdonboy

Country flag
I still wonder why they dropped the ball on guns, going with JPC like PCs and High Cut Helmets which is relatively Gucci gear for them. M4s and Sigs probably because they’re Yanky guns haven’t gone there, but I don’t see why they can’t take Tavors or FAB mod AKs atleast. Even B&T MP9s could have been taken.
Probably would’ve been too much paperwork for some officer

If you aren’t serious you don’t train seriously. You’d never find an exercise where even a US infantry unit doesn’t take all their standard issue gear with them as they see the value in the exercises as honing their combat ability, India treats these exercises as a flag raising/diplomatic engagement exercise- military benefit is secondary (if any) to them.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

If you aren’t serious you don’t train seriously. You’d never find an exercise where even a US infantry unit doesn’t take all their standard issue gear with them as they see the value in the exercises as honing their combat ability, India treats these exercises as a flag raising/diplomatic engagement exercise- military benefit is secondary (if any) to them.
I wouldn't be surprised if the AKs don't even belong to the Para's. IMO it's from the regular infantry or Ghatak units. Last I heard Para SF has modded most of the limited number of AKs they have left, though I believe Airborne still has many pieces left.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

@AVINASH4061 sir, when Para's go abroad for training exercises, do ya'll take all or most your gear and weapons or just use what the host provides?

abingdonboy

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, when Para's go abroad for training exercises, do ya'll take all or most your gear and weapons or just use what the host provides?
Pretty sure I’ve seen PARAs in Russia with Tavors previously

Not very often though. Almost all the time PARAs are seen abroad they use host nation’s weapons which says it all

Scramjet

Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if the AKs don't even belong to the Para's. IMO it's from the regular infantry or Ghatak units. Last I heard Para SF has modded most of the limited number of AKs they have left, though I believe Airborne still has many pieces left.
Most of the airborne pieces are FAB mod, these type of AKs are something you'd find in RR's kote

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
Generally the weapons are not carried,the rest of the personal and training gear is carried with us. Unfortunately we ahy away from using the Spec Ops Aerial platforms to carry us. Don't know why.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles