Indian Special Forces

Fire and groove

Country flag
Ever heard of Defense security corps and Late Hav. Chand from pathankot Op. That should do it in my opinion. Convert Garuds into a Combat Para rescue force for CSAR along with base protection to keep them busy during peace time.
Something i always wanted to ask was why did we create an entire SOF unit if we're just going to seemingly relegate them to babysit an airbase in the end? Especially when we have the DSC for that job, we might as well focus on improving the DSC instead.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Something i always wanted to ask was why did we create an entire SOF unit if we're just going to seemingly relegate them to babysit an airbase in the end? Especially when we have the DSC for that job, we might as well focus on improving the DSC instead.
DSC in general is viewed as a gate keeper force. They check IDs and let people in and out. With over a million soldiers in Army and add the no.s of Navy and airforce as well, where will DSC be in the list of restructuring and modernisation?

Garuds are a special force as it stands. But we still have to see them stand their ground in real combat scenarios. If you ask me, I'd say Garuds should be converted into para rescue force with their own CSAR units. It will add benefit to the force. Think of thousands of para rescue commandos being used in real combat. Imagine how many lives can be saved?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles