Indian Special Forces

Fire and groove

Country flag
We have blacktopped road till DBO. The terrain of DBO/Depsang allows us to do a lot of offroading.
We have stationed huge columns of armor and artillery in Depsang and DBO because we exactly know DBO is threatened and our supply lines are stretched.

And please start on Chicken's neck. Tell me how China can threaten Chicken's neck.

Damn, if only there was something called counter-offensive. If only we had something, like our own artillery and precision munition, and bombers, who, maybe can threaten China's precision munitions, artillery, and bombers.
Alas, such things are not available in India.

I mean, there must be an option other than just looking awkwardly up the sky when China bombs those positions out of existence.
Last time I checked, the Chinese enjoy superior artillery and armor and not us. You really expect success out of T-72s with their mango rounds and outdated subsystems, or from our current inventory of artillery? Not to mention, when was the last time the Indian military practiced a combined arms exercise that also wasn't a 'go through the motions' deal? In fact, since we're talking maneuver warfare with the "offroading" here, how well developed is the Indian military's real time intelligence apparatus? seeing as how an offensive requires proper scouting. Hell, how's the Indian military's intelligence apparatus in general with how Galwan panned out? How do you plan to maintain supply of this huge element of yours on roads alone?
The only thing keeping us ahead is our infrastructure for the Air force, and even that's going to be irrelevant in due time.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Last time I checked, the Chinese enjoy superior artillery and armor and not us. You really expect success out of T-72s with their mango rounds and outdated subsystems, or from our current inventory of artillery? Not to mention, when was the last time the Indian military practiced a combined arms exercise that also wasn't a 'go through the motions' deal? In fact, since we're talking maneuver warfare with the "offroading" here, how well developed is the Indian military's real time intelligence apparatus? seeing as how an offensive requires proper scouting. Hell, how's the Indian military's intelligence apparatus in general with how Galwan panned out? How do you plan to maintain supply of this huge element of yours on roads alone?
The only thing keeping us ahead is our infrastructure for the Air force, and even that's going to be irrelevant in due time.
What are these mango rounds , which so often people talk about ?
Are they some degraded shit ?

abingdonboy

Country flag
SEALs and Green Berets have come in the past, I don't think they come here to get trained, rather cross train and there's a mutual exchange. And in their case too, I dont think any SF would come to train here, unless they saw something of value with the "wannabe commandos".
The current set of regular exercises probably hold more value for us.

Moreover, SEALs and GBs have a successful combat record to show for themselves, like Indian SF, although the intensity and nature of operations may vary.

I don't think Nigerian SF, or "serious operators" as you termed them, have much to show for their combat record as far as things stand for now. Their operations against Boko Haram have been heavily assisted in by US SOCOM, even the current state they are in shows a clear US SOF footprint.

If just equipment levels are the factor that cause you to gripe so passionately against Indian SF to the extent of calling them "wannabe commandos", then I've said it before on this thread, individual operator equipment is not the soldier's discretion in the Indian scenario.

Those are more of babu-led decisions.

To keep the argument in its fairness, and focused on facts pertaining to SF, I don't think these oft-repeated, extremely worded statements, just to gripe at equipment levels, which are not even in the control of the individual operator, hold much water.

I rest my case here.
Many Western SFs come to train with/by Indian schools like HAWS and CIJWS because they have learning cultures

On your second point, whilst I’m not blaming the individual Indian operators for failures of those above them that doesn’t mean my assessment doesn’t stand. Their fault of the fault of their seniors the effect is the same- they are grossly lacking across the board

wannabes is fair in my opinion and any professional (from any sector) would appreciate that. Their training and results speak for themselves.

rubbish in, rubbish out.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Many Western SFs come to train with/by Indian schools like HAWS and CIJWS because they have learning cultures

On your second point, whilst I’m not blaming the individual Indian operators for failures of those above them that doesn’t mean my assessment doesn’t stand. Their fault of the fault of their seniors the effect is the same- they are grossly lacking across the board

wannabes is fair in my opinion and any professional (from any sector) would appreciate that. Their training and results speak for themselves.

rubbish in, rubbish out.
people dont get that i am not shitting on indian soldiers, i am shitting on the system that lets them down. The special forces deserve the best, we are failing them.

Rakesh4600

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Please do some concrete research on the industrial capabilities of Germany during WW2, it was thoroughly outclassed by all the allies in that regard which isn't surprising considering said allies were the three largest economies of that time, one of which revolutionized production with industrial technology. The German industry was primitive in comparison, and their focus on complex machinery and constant change in production lead to piss-poor reliability from their products and poor output. For instance, the panther tanks in particular were prone to their Armor cracking due to the brittleness which came out of poor quality control, on top of it lacking a universal sight for the gunner and commander.
It was the US that dominated the technology game.
What does our purchase of submarines from modern Germany have to do with WW2 germany?

"And going by you seems that China will reach Delhi Tomorrow morning."
So now we're exaggerating. China can't reach Delhi due to it's own logistical challenges, but it doesn't have to either
See your are right in some of your points but I am talking about quantity vs quality, and mainly about GERMAN vs SOVIET technology not others.

And coming to chicken neck we will be having A Rafale squadron , and Su 30 squadrons by the end of year and planes will be having advantahes as they will taking of from plains

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
German technology was a joke
In a short war, we'll immediately lose DBO due to lackluster infrastructure, which'll allow China to put Siachen under pressure, and that's without the Pakistanis. Don't even get me started on the chicken's neck
Nigga that sugar sector will be hornet nest to PLA don't say anything which you don't know.

JBH22

Or they can bomb those positions out of existence with precision munitions, artillery, and those bombers they have.
Stockpiling of munitions to attack corp size army will hardly go unnoticed, once plane are in place to be refuelled for such strike it will be noticed by radars or satellites. That will require massive concentration of firepower.

Aspirant847

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Means that USSOCOM General is superior
Ya'll Nibbiars maap karna lekin who American wala general seneral uniform se koi watchman ya butler lagta hai. Grip kitne bhi strong ho. The IA uniform still looks better.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Why are some people thinking that just because USSOCOM General visited India and had meetings with their Indian counterparts, tommorow we will have world class SOFs of our own?

From our side, such meetings are more often than not Chai-biscuit- pakora sessions. From American side, unless they see something in their own interest they will rarely offer any help.

Also, when have we officially/un-officially asked for help from the US? The present MOD tries to limit relationships with other militaries as transactional, buying equipments. MEA on the other hand, has granduers of promoting world peace.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Why are some people thinking that just because USSOCOM General visited India and had meetings with their Indian counterparts, tommorow we will have world class SOFs of our own?

From our side, such meetings are more often than not Chai-biscuit- pakora sessions. From American side, unless they see something in their own interest they will rarely offer any help.

Also, when have we officially/un-officially asked for help from the US? The present MOD tries to limit relationships with other militaries as transactional, buying equipments. MEA on the other hand, has granduers of promoting world peace.
Whole DFI is copium, everythread is copium. I don’t know what kind of things we discuss which are never gonna happen. MoD is good for nothing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles