Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
So heres the thing..

In these meeting contrary to popular opinion the US General cant tell the Indian General what to do on AFSOD.

And the Indian General with his high ego and less knowledge about Special ops wont ask for any favours.

The Indian syllabus is outdated and our officers have no exposure on modern era warfare.

Thatswhy things like uniform,shoes, equipment,armoured vehicles,snipers,DM,comtacs etc are the subjects if there was a wriiten exam they all would fail.

And no one can help us in this.
On that note. US SOF continue evolving

NAVY SEALS HAVE TO GO “BACK TO THE FUTURE” TO HELP US WARSHIPS SURVIVE A FUTURE FIGHT WITH RUSSIA OR CHINA

abingdonboy

Country flag
So heres the thing..

In these meeting contrary to popular opinion the US General cant tell the Indian General what to do on AFSOD.

And the Indian General with his high ego and less knowledge about Special ops wont ask for any favours.

The Indian syllabus is outdated and our officers have no exposure on modern era warfare.

Thatswhy things like uniform,shoes, equipment,armoured vehicles,snipers,DM,comtacs etc are the subjects if there was a wriiten exam they all would fail.

And no one can help us in this.
This is why I said- unless he meets with the AFSOD head it’s a meaningless chai-biscuit tour to tick boxes in both capitals.

What imparts knowledge is unit-unit exposure and relationships, there’s very little of that with Indian SOFs and any foreign units.

meeting with the AFSOD head would be a good start as there can be a discussion on how both sides can move forward and USSOCOM is very partner focused so can give a hard sell on cross training for sure.

yet to read that he met with AFSOD’s CO so seems like another wasted opportunity and sadly shows there nothing has really changed, SFs still get zero attention from the Indian strategic community.

rkhanna

Country flag
Money? To get an Indian SF operator from his current pathetic state to JSOC standards would maybe cost $100,000 (not including training).

Just the engine on a single LCA costs $4-5 million
I remmeber reading somewhere The life cycle cost of training and equipping a Tier 1 operator through his entire tenure is 3-4mil.

300 rounds a week adds up over 10-15 years

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
This is why I said- unless he meets with the AFSOD head it’s a meaningless chai-biscuit tour to tick boxes in both capitals.

What imparts knowledge is unit-unit exposure and relationships, there’s very little of that with Indian SOFs and any foreign units.

meeting with the AFSOD head would be a good start as there can be a discussion on how both sides can move forward and USSOCOM is very partner focused so can give a hard sell on cross training for sure.

yet to read that he met with AFSOD’s CO so seems like another wasted opportunity and sadly shows there nothing has really changed, SFs still get zero attention from the Indian strategic community.
If unit to unit exposure had to change anything wont that be done?

You are still too optimistic.

Indian Fauj has a low level or a poor level of future planning and i am wondering if at all they have the aptitude for the job.

I am ashamed to see soldiers on bare feet in monsoon to avoid getting their feet wet...also to see 2009 10th para sf pics and 2021 pics and hardly any difference.

Someone was saying Russian SF modernization and money...it doesnt take a lot of money to order boots and uniform and a rucksack.

I have got so frustrated with how things are run since i know maybe 5% more than the average member here that i persoally have doubts if we can even defend our motherland against a threat like China.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If unit to unit exposure had to change anything wont that be done?

You are still too optimistic.

Indian Fauj has a low level or a poor level of future planning and i am wondering if at all they have the aptitude for the job.

I am ashamed to see soldiers on bare feet in monsoon to avoid getting their feet wet...also to see 2009 10th para sf pics and 2021 pics and hardly any difference.

Someone was saying Russian SF modernization and money...it doesnt take a lot of money to order boots and uniform and a rucksack.

I have got so frustrated with how things are run since i know maybe 5% more than the average member here that i persoally have doubts if we can even defend our motherland against a threat like China.
Interesting so u can generalize the whole army by just looking at the SF modernization. Indian Army knows very well how to defend this country.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Interesting so u can generalize the whole army by just looking at the SF modernization. Indian Army knows very well how to defend this country.
SF is still better than a lot of other branches.If we start looking at all branches the picture will be even worse.

And Infantry and SF is your main fighting arm against the Chinese.

Time will tell...China will do something big i am pretty sure.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
SF is still better than a lot of other branches.If we start looking at all branches the picture will be even worse.

To get humiliated again by Indian Army.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
To get humiliated again by Indian Army.
I am not here to post kiddish things like you.

I know a lot more and if i wrote it then all this happa dappa chest thumping will go.

Relax.

You can go back and read Gen Panags article.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am not here to post kiddish things like you.

I know a lot more and if i wrote it then all this happa dappa chest thumping will go.

Relax.

You can go back and read Gen Panags article.

I don't read bullshit like you. Shukla and panag may be your role model not mine. Every knows who got humiliated last year no one wants to hear your churan.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag

China can't defeat us all alone keep that in your brain don't know what joint do you take on saying that china sf and inf. Are more capable to fight than our para sf boys just coz of a bit outdated in eq. to the Western standard and yeah that ego of general and higher up really is pain in the ass . Don't know how you can place bet on thing that haven't even once been battlefield tested sf are tested since they were raised .

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I don't read bullshit like you. Shukla and panag may be your role model not mine. Every knows who got humiliated last year no one wants to hear your churan.
Maybe then a much more educated person like you can tell us what exactly happened in Balakot and post Balakot to begin with.

Or what happened in Galwan?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
China can't defeat us all alone keep that in your brain don't know what joint do you take on saying that china sf and inf. Are more capable to fight than our para sf boys just coz of a bit outdated in eq. to the Western standard and yeah that ego of general and higher up really is pain in the ass . Don't know how you can place bet on thing that haven't even once been battlefield tested sf are tested since they were raised .
Firstly write proper english and then tell me where did i say anything about Chinese Infantry and SF?

Chinese dont need SF superiority to defeat us.

With the writing style and logic everyone knows who is smoking up.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bas?

Thats your situation summary?

No wonder.
Balakot and post balakot- destroyed terror nursery and f16. Made LOC hell for porki army.

Galwan- inflicted heavy casualties on dog eaters followed by complete humiliation by capturing kailash range.

May be you are reading too many porki and anti national sources these days.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Balakot and post balakot- destroyed terror nursery and f16. Made LOC hell for porki army.

Galwan- inflicted heavy casualties on dog eaters followed by complete humiliation by capturing kailash range.

May be you are reading too many porki and anti national sources these days.
I am interacting with serving personnel or retired ones.

If that helps your cause.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles