Indian Special Forces

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
At what range was this by the way?? I rest my case. And by the way, the ACH used by the Amreekis isn't the same as what we've got!!
Oh and they DO NOT provide all-around protection against rifle caliber ammunition, only to the front. Had he took the hit on the top, he would have got nailed for sure.
Well patka will provided you forehead and region above same goes for back but for up on head I don't think patka will provide protection besides we have mku used by NATO and UN

Blood+

Country flag
Well patka will provided you forehead and region above same goes for back but for up on head I don't think patka will provide protection
Not in its present configuration, yes, it won't. But my idea of that jugaad should mitigate this weakness of the design.
besides we have mku used by NATO and UN
I know that but the protection level isn't the same as the American one.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Not in its present configuration, yes, it won't. But my idea of that jugaad should mitigate this weakness of the design.

I know that but the protection level isn't the same as the American one.
Patka was originally meant for protection of forehead , back and sides not from above so it's ain't configured for above and for your nylon thing the whole patka helmet needs to be redesigned for distributing centre of mass patka ain't juggad but addition of nylon without any redesign is definately a juggad

Fire and groove

Country flag
Which can be rectified very easily by simply replacing the top cover with a few layers of ballistic nylon without adding too much additional weight. One only needs the will.

Just shut the fuck up, will ya??

Ever heard of this chap??

He's gunner Rishi Kumar who took a near point-blank AKM shot to his Patka. But he not only survived, he actually managed to recover almost immediately and shot his attacker dead with return fire. The only reason you see him on a hospital bed instead of the fucking morgue is because of that Patka which you so gleefully mock as being a mere "pseudo-science jugaad"!!
Judging by how quickly he got up, it was very likely a glancing shot. A steel insert doesn't do anything against blunt force trauma. If he got hit with it square to the forehead, he won't be getting up immediately to say the very least. We're talking about rifle rounds, rounds that can crack ribs, knock you off your feet and still kill you unless the energy is properly dissipated.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir a childish question of mine will comtacs be on a negative role especially when you are down hunting and tracking your enemy you need to get all of your 6th senses in action which includes hearing and sense of environment after putting on comtacs both factor will reduce. I think comtacs will provide good communication and coordination but on the other side it does exactly opposite as senses at most imp. Said by Maj. Vivek Jacob sir .

Fire and groove

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir a childish question of mine will comtacs be on a negative role especially when you are down hunting and tracking your enemy you need to get all of your 6th senses in action which includes hearing and sense of environment I think comtacs will provide good communication but on the other side it does exactly opposite as senses at most imp. Said by Maj. Vivek Jacob sir .
Comtacs enhance your senses, noise cancellation alone isn't the only feature.

rkhanna

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir a childish question of mine will comtacs be on a negative role especially when you are down hunting and tracking your enemy you need to get all of your 6th senses in action which includes hearing and sense of environment after putting on comtacs both factor will reduce. I think comtacs will provide good communication and coordination but on the other side it does exactly opposite as senses at most imp. Said by Maj. Vivek Jacob sir .
Operating without comtacs leaves operators with ear/hearing disabilities that over time degrade their combat ability. I know a few soldiers who suffer - imbalance, headaches, blurred vision. even @AVINASH4061 has said the same. Noise damages the ears which damages the brain and causes a number of hidden problems.

Unfortunately we don't take it seriously enough as our soldiers at the end of the day are cannon fodder

Blood+

Country flag
Judging by how quickly he got up, it was very likely a glancing shot.
Nope, his helmet got completely totaled. The impact was in fact, square on.
A steel insert doesn't do anything against blunt force trauma.
So, we are gonna just ignore the ultra thicc foam padding then??
If he got hit with it square to the forehead, he won't be getting up immediately to say the very least.
On word - Adrenaline. But it's a moot point anyway because if he had been dawning anything other than a Patka, his game would have been over right then and there.
We're talking about rifle rounds, rounds that can crack ribs, knock you off your feet and still kill you unless the energy is properly dissipated.
Well, M47 rounds are a fair bit slower compared to all other small arms rounds, so that might have been the reason.

Blood+

Country flag
Patka was originally meant for protection of forehead , back and sides not from above so it's ain't configured for above and for your nylon thing the whole patka helmet needs to be redesigned for distributing centre of mass patka ain't juggad but addition of nylon without any redesign is definately a juggad
Not really, no. And I just found out that they already did make such a modification by inserting a kevlar block on the top.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles