Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Non-ballistic helmets (utterly useless for ground combat)

empty mag pouches

Mis-matched uniforms and plain t-shirts (not even combat shirts)

no discernible combat or support equipment other than a rifle (not even gloves or glasses )

But I bet they look good in their insta
i dont even see a sidearm. No uniformity even during an exercise.

abingdonboy

Country flag
i dont even see a sidearm. No uniformity even during an exercise.
Like I have said before- they are playing at being soldiers, where are their spare mags? If their primary jams what do they do then?

Western militaries learned long ago- you train as you fight.

there are definitely going to be niche areas where an Indian soldier will have an edge on the average Western soldier but take them as a whole and view the respective units holistically and Indian units are decades behind and capability wise not even on the same planet.

+ guys the Patka debate is OVER. The marginal benefit of having a crudely fashioned steel band around your head that offers zero protection from blunt force trauma or shrapnel from any other direction but laterally is massively outweighed by lack of functionality and poor ergonomics of the product. RR switching over to ACH tells you all you need to know.

Stop worshiping jugaad and don’t fantasise over the idea that somehow India has come up with a design optimised for a unique set of circumstances even if NO other military on earth shows even the remotest interest in it- in fact they are moving in the exact opposite direction.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Like I have said before- they are playing at being soldiers, where are their spare mags? If their primary jams what do they do then?

Western militaries learned long ago- you train as you fight.

there are definitely going to be niche areas where an Indian soldier will have an edge on the average Western soldier but take them as a whole and view the respective units holistically and Indian units are decades behind and capability wise not even on the same planet.

+ guys the Patka debate is OVER. The marginal benefit of having a crudely fashioned steel band around your head that offers zero protection from blunt force trauma or shrapnel from any other direction but laterally is massively outweighed by lack of functionality and poor ergonomics of the product. RR switching over to ACH tells you all you need to know.

Stop worshiping jugaad and don’t fantasise over the idea that somehow India has come up with a design optimised for a unique set of circumstances even if NO other military on earth shows even the remotest interest in it- in fact they are moving in the exact opposite direction.
In the words of a Marine who came to train in India...

"The Indian Army might win a battle against us or two but they can never win a war".

Aditya Roy

Country flag
World does not run like the Uri movie where you throw away your weapon to have a fair fight with a terrorist. If you end up in a hand to hand situation you have done something wrong.
Contact combat systems like Krav Maga arent just any martial art. They shape the mindset of a warrior and the larger population. For example, the development of Krav-Maga is synonymous with the rise of Israel. Also, it's a top-down approach. An Indian version of such a system would not only benefit our SFs but also other law enforcement agencies like police, paramilitary as well. Overall, would bring uniformity and discipline to the forces.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Contact combat systems like Krav Maga arent just any martial art. They shape the mindset of a warrior and the larger population. For example, the development of Krav-Maga is synonymous with the rise of Israel. Also, it's a top-down approach. An Indian version of such a system would not only benefit our SFs but also other law enforcement agencies like police, paramilitary as well. Overall, would bring uniformity and discipline to the forces.
Martial arts isnt really a top priority for indian sf, yes its good for physical fitness but we have alot of other things to improve first.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Looks like they are trying new ways of gripping the rifle, slowly but surely we are reaching that elusive c-clamp.

View attachment 101955
Why get obsessed with something like that? It’s not even like the debate on c-clamp is settled, many still doubt it.

but it is good to see grit like troops seemingly well drilled, fair to say on many occasions now RR/LOC deployed units have looked as slick and competent as SF units (not a good reflection on the latter). Dare I say more innovation and dynamism is coming out of these regular units not than the SOFs.

Spadex

Country flag
Looks like they are trying new ways of gripping the rifle, slowly but surely we are reaching that elusive c-clamp.

View attachment 101955
In Mark Owen’s (SEAL team 6) words... “just my opinion,,,,, whoever the hell came up with the “C clamp” method of shooting has probably spent all his time in the range and never in actual combat!!! Those are two totally different animals!! I combat shoot!!! “

Debate is on. It's not like C clamp is absolute best, still good to see them adapting with the new rifle

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles