Indian Special Forces

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Now they have Started using UHMPE with some Nano Tech in these helmets gibes Level 3 protection...Few number of samples made by DMSRDE, Kanpur with IIT Delhi to be tested in TBRL...than no whereabouts....
I have heard about it but not sure if it was done on a large scale and deployed, if I'm not wrong it was just an experiment

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 101783

If I’m not wrong these guys from 10 Para, I’ve noticed from recent pics that they seem to have relatively more modern plate carriers and non ballistic high cut helmets for some reason
Non-ballistic helmets (utterly useless for ground combat)

empty mag pouches

Mis-matched uniforms and plain t-shirts (not even combat shirts)

no discernible combat or support equipment other than a rifle (not even gloves or glasses )

But I bet they look good in their insta

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
1627228765648.png

If I’m not wrong these guys from 10 Para, I’ve noticed from recent pics that they seem to have relatively more modern plate carriers and non ballistic high cut helmets for some reason
Seriously? Bump helmets? They are wearing it as if they have to use quad tube NVGs, IR Strobes, helmet mounted flashlights and battery packs which will be a pain for the neck to be mounted on a ballistic helmet that’s why they need bump helmets to trade off offensive capabilities for head protection. Lol, now I’m 100% convinced that hakim baba ki roohani has reached Bangalore.

Scramjet

Country flag
Seriously? Bump helmets? They are wearing it as if they have to use quad tube NVGs, IR Strobes, helmet mounted flashlights and battery packs which will be a pain for the neck to be mounted on a ballistic helmet that’s why they need bump helmets to trade off offensive capabilities for head protection. Lol, now I’m 100% convinced that hakim baba ki roohani has reached Bangalore.
I've got a picture of us navy seals using similiar helmet configuration (i.e no periphrals mounted on the helmet) during a routine training excercise
Apparently it's the same model thats being used by us (I guess it's the OpsCORE FAST bump helmet)

Screenshot_20210725-160707_Instagram.jpg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I've got a picture of us navy seals using similiar helmet configuration (i.e no periphrals mounted on the helmet) during a routine training excercise

1627232130560.jpeg
Well they do have Quad tube NVGs, IR strobes, battery packs, and helmet mounted flashlights at there disposal, do we even have 1% of this?

Now if you will counter question that if seals are using it for training and we are also doing same. What’s problem?

well they having it in their inventory makes sense, why have we even bought is my question, if our SF would have been using quad tube nvg, ir strobes, battery packs, helmet mounted flashlights then I would have not objected them having bump helmets.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
They aren't wearing any of those in the picture though
I edited the post you quoted you can read it.

Now if you will counter question that if seals are using it for training and we are also doing same. What’s problem?

well they having it in their inventory makes sense, why have we even bought is my question, if our SF would have been using quad tube nvg, ir strobes, battery packs, helmet mounted flashlights then I would have not objected them having bump helmets.

Scramjet

Country flag
I edited the post you quoted you can read it.
I read it, there's one correction, within the USNSWC only NSWDG i.e DEVGRU or Seal team 6 uses Panoramic NVGs, rest still use PVS 31s and 15s (white phosphor ones)
And these men are not from DEVGRU

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I read it, there's one correction, within the USNSWC only NSDWG i.e DEVGRU or Seal team 6 uses Panoramic NVGs, rest still use PVS 31s and 15s (white phosphor ones)
Leave quad tubes, they have binods atleast! We don’t even have binods.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Apparently it's the same model thats being used by us (I guess it's the OpsCORE FAST bump helmet)

View attachment 101862
This is for diving operations so a BUMP helmet is a good solution. Navy seals know what they are doing, PARA SF seem to be playing.

Like I said in my post- for ground combat bump helmets make zero sense.

Scramjet

Country flag
This is for diving operations so a BUMP helmet is a good solution. Navy seals know what they are doing, PARA SF seem to be playing.

Like I said in my post- for ground combat bump helmets make zero sense.
I guess they might have bought it for airborne training? To phase out the scooter helmet (esque) they used to wear ?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Non-ballistic helmets (utterly useless for ground combat)

empty mag pouches

Mis-matched uniforms and plain t-shirts (not even combat shirts)

no discernible combat or support equipment other than a rifle (not even gloves or glasses )

But I bet they look good in their insta
They are not Garuds.Garuds have insta active.

But i can bet and say 10 Para looked much better in 2008-09.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles