Indian Special Forces

mupper

Country flag
Lots of them start the pipeline before but in this she got 'expedited'. When the shooting war starts, 90% will not even deploy but occupy valuable training billets.
How do you "expedite" someone through a standardised pipeline?..."Here, skip SERE school, and insertion & extraction boat drills phase!"....

Females have deployed in SOF/SMU units before, lots of TEO/SSE teams etc have females in them and they have to be on the ground right with the units they are working with.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
How do you "expedite" someone through a standardised pipeline?..."Here, skip SERE school, and insertion & extraction boat drills phase!"....

Females have deployed in SOF/SMU units before, lots of TEO/SSE teams etc have females in them and they have to be on the ground right with the units they are working with.
Has women participated in any special forces unit other than this?

vampyrbladez

Country flag

They were deployed as FET or Female Engagement Teams.

The female candidate in the SWCC was given multiple recycles and an 8 hour off on their final exam. I have attached a video specifying exactly that.

Similar things were noticed when the US Ranger School had its first batch of women qualify.

The thing is these are political quota theatrics. We have these in India as well.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Apologies for OT comments but some members need to get their shit together here, it's okay if you want to bitch about problems and I don't deny that there are issues which need to be sorted but when you start conflating and outright misinterpreting situations and realities to push your political agenda then the response that is going to be political.

What a surprise from Bollywood. Even by their tradition, it was a good watch, normal public doesn't care about how 'accurate' it was...and neither do Bollywood fucks.

First, learn the difference between a movie and a documentary. A movie is meant to be entertaining and if you know how to read then you would know that within the first 5 mins of the movie they provide the disclaimer that things were exaggerated for the entertainment purpose if your brain can't comprehend any basics like that then maybe just quit at this point.

Also, kek the butthurt here is real, how many URI like attack happened afterwards? Everyone knew that terrorists will keep coming but that didn't mean we shouldn't retaliate, it was needed at that time and the situation today is way better than it was in 2016. And the only reason it got political was due to our opposition who wanted to take one up against bjp.

People like you who bitch about 'politcal move' also bitch about 370 and caa and nrc. Aren't you the same guy who was seething in Pakistan thread about Muslims? You will be the first one if actual actions are started taking against so calm down.

Sound like how leftist cope, two reminders :

> leftist and commies who gloat over dead bodies of our soldiers were triggered(pretending) and made the whole issue political
> When the response was given by IA, why are you surprised that BJP wouldn't use political gains?

Hypocrisy and irony are strong with you people. Rest Indians feel way safer under this government now than we used to under upa fucks.

>greatest state-sponsored copium

Yeah, our men dying was not copium you fucking dolt, I know you have political agenda and it seems you people have still not recovered from 2019 so busy with copium due to that.

Again, how many terrorist attacks happened under NDA? How many happened under Congress?

You people first oppose any action by the government by doing rona bout 'political' move and then also expect a solution at the same time and on an instant.

Opposition and likes of Pappu made it all political and it was imperative for the GOI to release the statement which would obviously be political.

Do you think movies like Kargil and Border were copium too? Was that the first time that urduwood made a movie on army?

Truth is that J&K situation is much better than it was years ago, whether you accept it or not, how many terrorist attacks happened under NDA inside India? The systematic problems that you were mentioning involve steps that will result in another anti-CAA and rona in the name of fascism by likes of you.

BTW Bollywood that you criticise is run by people like you who collude with our enemies, it was a result of that.

Again, i don't want this thread to derail but it's better to not hide your political agenda under the garb of criticism.
Your entire post is "It's just a movie" followed by "bUt MuH cOngResS" and ad hominems combined with strawmen intermixed
I don't know what made you assume that I'd automatically defend congress because I shit on the BJP and it's numerous faults.
You can still have an entertaining movie with far more realistic and authentic portrayal of combat condensed into a two and a half hour movie, never seen Saving Private Ryan or Zero dark thirty?? This was a golden opportunity to go beyond the average not just in cinematography.

We can take this somewhere else after this
- Uri like attacks were rare since the beginning of the insurgency, the fact that we had Pulwama three years after with twice the casualty count doesn't help your case here. "Retaliation" didn't do anything in the end because it was never meant to, and Pulwama should be a stark reminder. Instead of thinking long term and developing our counter-insurgency elements systemically with the SOF at the forefront to provide a step forward towards an actual END (which should've been in progress and sanctioned from the very start of the government's term), we decided to light a bunch of fireworks so the average Indian can 'ooh' and 'aah' at a meaningless raid meant to cover up the deficiencies that gave four numbskulls enough breathing space to infiltrate a weak counter-infiltration grid and breach a military base in the first place. The point here isn't "why the raid shouldn't have happened", the point here is if the government was on top of it's shit and had given the military the mandate to operate with more leeway and facilitated it in the first place, this shit would never have been necessary.
And where the fuck does 370 and NRC figure into this? Are you that stuck up on building a strawman that you have to invent arguments now?

"Also, kek the butthurt here is real, how many URI like attack happened afterwards? Everyone knew that terrorists will keep coming but that didn't mean we shouldn't retaliate, it was needed at that time and the situation today is way better than it was in 2016. And the only reason it got political was due to our opposition who wanted to take one up against bjp."

- Pulwama happened, and it superseded any previous attack in the insurgency's history in terms of sheer magnitude. Last time I checked 2016 violence happened under the current government, you conveniently discarding the years of relative normalcy before that doesn't help change matters here, going from a situation where FTs would arrive in section sized elements armed to the teeth with heavy weaponry like machine guns actively fighting the military in urban terrain is leagues different than the situation leading into and beyond 2016 in terms of returning the peace, and I credit the military for placating both, not either governments.

"Sound like how leftist cope, two reminders :

> leftist and commies who gloat over dead bodies of our soldiers were triggered(pretending) and made the whole issue political
> When the response was given by IA, why are you surprised that BJP wouldn't use political gains?

Hypocrisy and irony are strong with you people. Rest Indians feel way safer under this government now than we used to under upa fucks."

- You literally contradicted yourself in your second point with regards to the first, and I'm a liberal.

"Yeah, our men dying was not copium you fucking dolt, I know you have political agenda and it seems you people have still not recovered from 2019 so busy with copium due to that."

Ad hominems aside, trying to fallaciously relegate my "copium" statement to our troops dying is problematic enough. The "copium" here is for the fact that we still don't have a roadmap on what the fuck we're trying to achieve so we're sanctioning operations that inevitably contribute nothing tangible towards SOLVING the issue, instead of biting the bullet that is our ego and working towards an actual solution/ developing a credible deterrent. Us bleeding troops is a consequence of that, not the talking point.

"You people first oppose any action by the government by doing rona bout 'political' move and then also expect a solution at the same time and on an instant."

It's been seven fucking years since the government came into power, FIVE if you're considering 2016. I don't expect any solution, but I do expect a cohesive plan to be formulated in that time. Instead all we really get is reactionary decisions with the only exception here being article 370.

"Opposition and likes of Pappu made it all political and it was imperative for the GOI to release the statement which would obviously be political."

- Except the BJP didn't just release a counter to a political statement, it shouted from the rooftops it's sanction of the raid across all of it's political rallies to garner votes immediately after. Let's not downplay the milking of the 2016 raid here.

"Do you think movies like Kargil and Border were copium too? Was that the first time that urduwood made a movie on army?

- We aren't talking about LOC kargil or border here, but even then both movies kept jingoism to a minimum. LOC Kargil showed each attack coming at a cost to the various units, and i don't even have to mention how border ended. Meanwhile, Uri ends with the family hugging and smiling even though it's barely been two weeks since they just lost a family member (who by the way died in the dumbest way possible and was literally thrown in for the sole purpose of becoming our protagonist's personal stake in the movie's raid.)

"Truth is that J&K situation is much better than it was years ago, whether you accept it or not, how many terrorist attacks happened under NDA inside India? The systematic problems that you were mentioning involve steps that will result in another anti-CAA and rona in the name of fascism by likes of you.

BTW Bollywood that you criticise is run by people like you who collude with our enemies, it was a result of that."

- Again, the insurgency was reined in to a great extent between 2001 and 2008 by the military itself. And I don't see how un-bureaucratizing and redeveloping the HUMINT in RAW; Modernizing the SOFs in India to the extreme and optimizing them to operate cross-borders; developing an active, intelligence led SOF mandate to operate in POK like the years of yore when CIT-X and CIT-J did, Actively hunting and assassinating Pakistani military personnel (especially officers) in response to attacks instead of killing cheap cannon-fodder. Using the SOF as a pro-active net to filter insurgents either through intelligence gathering or through pro-active ambushes; Using the Ghatak, RR and the military to mop up the remaining and the local terrorists; Active participation of the Indian political wing in resolving the tensions of the people in Kashmir and their integration and finally: working on sustainable economic policy...causes massive protests.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Apologies for OT comments but some members need to get their shit together here, it's okay if you want to bitch about problems and I don't deny that there are issues which need to be sorted but when you start conflating and outright misinterpreting situations and realities to push your political agenda then the response that is going to be political.

What a surprise from Bollywood. Even by their tradition, it was a good watch, normal public doesn't care about how 'accurate' it was...and neither do Bollywood fucks.

First, learn the difference between a movie and a documentary. A movie is meant to be entertaining and if you know how to read then you would know that within the first 5 mins of the movie they provide the disclaimer that things were exaggerated for the entertainment purpose if your brain can't comprehend any basics like that then maybe just quit at this point.

Also, kek the butthurt here is real, how many URI like attack happened afterwards? Everyone knew that terrorists will keep coming but that didn't mean we shouldn't retaliate, it was needed at that time and the situation today is way better than it was in 2016. And the only reason it got political was due to our opposition who wanted to take one up against bjp.

People like you who bitch about 'politcal move' also bitch about 370 and caa and nrc. Aren't you the same guy who was seething in Pakistan thread about Muslims? You will be the first one if actual actions are started taking against so calm down.

Sound like how leftist cope, two reminders :

Hypocrisy and irony are strong with you people. Rest Indians feel way safer under this government now than we used to under upa fucks.

>greatest state-sponsored copium

Yeah, our men dying was not copium you fucking dolt, I know you have political agenda and it seems you people have still not recovered from 2019 so busy with copium due to that.

Again, how many terrorist attacks happened under NDA? How many happened under Congress?

You people first oppose any action by the government by doing rona bout 'political' move and then also expect a solution at the same time and on an instant.

Opposition and likes of Pappu made it all political and it was imperative for the GOI to release the statement which would obviously be political.

Do you think movies like Kargil and Border were copium too? Was that the first time that urduwood made a movie on army?

Truth is that J&K situation is much better than it was years ago, whether you accept it or not, how many terrorist attacks happened under NDA inside India? The systematic problems that you were mentioning involve steps that will result in another anti-CAA and rona in the name of fascism by likes of you.

BTW Bollywood that you criticise is run by people like you who collude with our enemies, it was a result of that.

Again, i don't want this thread to derail but it's better to not hide your political agenda under the garb of criticism.
Please do watch the Movie Lakshya. Then again watch URI. Then you will knew whats the issue.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
80% proficiency I assume means accuracy or is it a calculation which includes speed? Also is this an IA standard or SF standard ?

Also what I meant to ask was that 80% etc maybe set minimum standard on paper, but at the internal squad level do you prescribe unofficial standards of your own? I.e do you have a different minimum expectation of the men under your command? Failing which consistently perse they are RTU'd?
It's accuracy as standardised by the Indian Army. We do have our internal assessments too. No body is sent back because of firing standards. That's being impractical.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
So,sometimes i write that there are many loopholes in our system and i wish i could write more on it and i will wait till further information is out.

I am happy Gen Panag has written something in this regard.

This is just a tiny bit of 20 rupee torch light.If the room was lit up it would shock many Indians.

Kids who are blinded and high on hormones please dont tag me.

Heres the link

Fire and groove

Country flag
So,sometimes i write that there are many loopholes in our system and i wish i could write more on it and i will wait till further information is out.

This is just a tiny bit of 20 rupee torch light.If the room was lit up it would shock many Indians.

Heres the link

Important topic. We need objective historical records to develop and attune our doctrines, No wonder our strategic planning is so damn shallow. On the one hand, we haven't developed the necessary infrastructure and institutions to inculcate a strategic military think-tank and on the other, we objectively don't even know what's really happening.

Spadex

Country flag

Heres the link

"the surgical strikes, as such, were tactical in the form of shallow penetration and non-contact fire assaults. Yet paeans have been sung by the pliant media and movies made."

Curious hence asking, what's "non-contact" fire assault really means. Soldiers involved in the operation themselves stated that they were as close as "100-150 meters from the target and engage the enemy at close ranges". If that's not "contact fire assault" the what is

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles