Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
World does not run like the Uri movie where you throw away your weapon to have a fair fight with a terrorist. If you end up in a hand to hand situation you have done something wrong.
100%

And if you don't win the hand to hand in the first 30secs chances of coming out on top diminishes significantly

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
It had some operational amd tactical failures but I enjoyed it.our major shergill kicking porky ass.I am all in to watch that
It Runs on Jingoism
Once you understand the nuances of it, these stuff gets boring
The movies would be a hundred times better if they didn't cut out the "Say hello to the 72 hoors" dialogue

Fire and groove

Country flag
It had some operational amd tactical failures but I enjoyed it.our major shergill kicking porky ass.I am all in to watch that
"some". The only thing it offered was visual effects and the "tacticool" aesthetic
I'm not into blatant glorification/jingoism, especially when it brushes away the fuck ups and nuances that led us into our current state of affairs in the first place. The DA raid following Uri was a pointless endeavour, it solved no systemic issue at hand .Pakistan didn't care less about losing cannon fodder or the "effects" of the raid, and cross border raids weren't unheard of for them either, they themselves partook in them.
It had no lasting effect on the insurgency as a whole, taking out a few launch pads didn't affect the radicalization which is where the real threat comes from anyway, nor did it affect the PoK insurgents in the long run who just rebuilt their pads and carried on.
This was entirely a political move, the move here being the greatest state-sponsored copium for the fact that they still don't have a realistic roadmap for what needs to be done.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
The army+navy+IAF can gather a team of SF professionals, send them abroad and all parts of India to gather as much as theoretical and practical knowledge and formulate the Indian Armed Forces' own unarmed fighting system, something on the lines of IDF's Krav Maga. Most modern fighting systems like Krav Maga etc. were born in the last century only. We need our own dedicated unarmed combat manual, that is updated every 10 years.
Not in this country bro, you are born in a wrong era. May be 400 years in the future.

tusharfoxtrot

Country flag
Marksman is just a classification of the firing standards, it is when you score more than 70% in target practice.
Baaki martial arts wale par no comments!!
Martial arts are not practiced seriously or this particular operator is not good at it?

rkhanna

Country flag
Marksman is just a classification of the firing standards, it is when you score more than 70% in target practice.
Baaki martial arts wale par no comments!!
Can a SF soldier have less than 70% proficiency in Shooting standards? So wouldnt ALL of you be marksmen as such?

What do you internally find an acceptable standard for your team mates?

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
Can a SF soldier have less than 70% proficiency in Shooting standards? So wouldnt ALL of you be marksmen as such?

What do you internally find an acceptable standard for your team mates?
More than 80% guys are marksman with the assualt rifles. I don't know if the term ' Marksman' had some different connotation. My bad.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles