Indian Special Forces

boris

Country flag
There is a routine "deployment" of Special Forces' operators for familiarization of their "op area" ..... holds for Garuds, Marcos, SF, SG & even certain designated "teams" from IA (for specific targets allotted as tasking for set of officers & men for a fixed duration of time (couple of years) for which they are designated strike teams in case of requirement, said officers & men drawn from across the length and breadth of the organization based on Intelligence and Professional assessment)).

Just for your info.
Sure, getting them ready for such cases in the event of a war or operations like surgical strikes is totally possible, but, inserting SF teams deep into enemy territory just for a bet is not believable regardless of how much pull some general might have.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Sure, getting them ready for such cases in the event of a war or operations like surgical strikes is totally possible, but, inserting SF teams deep into enemy territory just for a bet is not believable regardless of how much pull some general might have.
This is an event of WW2 of the British Army Generals bet of how effective the Paratroopers are.

I think after a few drinks both the Army and the Generals name got changed.

Aditya Roy

Country flag
Seems like the Afghan Special Forces too are giving in without even a fight...video of Taliban shooting Afghan special forces despite the fact they surrendered.
It's not clear whether they are SFs or ANA commandos. It's worth mentioning that there're only 500-1000 of them. Rest are ANA Commandos( 20,000+).

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Seems like the Afghan Special Forces too are giving in without even a fight...video of Taliban shooting Afghan special forces despite the fact they surrendered.
It's not clear whether they are SFs or ANA commandos. It's worth mentioning that there're only 500-1000 of them. Rest are ANA Commandos( 20,000+).
They fought and ran out of ammo.nothing can be done.taliban are some will say reformed but they are still terrorists who are more inhumane to Afghanistan than in the 90s

Aditya Roy

Country flag
New armed midget submarines(most likely indigenous) of SSG(N) were spotted at the Karachi port. We would be living in a fool's paradise if we keep ignoring the capabilities of the SSG(N) and the Pak Marines(formed after 1971).

Raaakisazih

Country flag
New armed midget submarines(most likely indigenous) of SSG(N) were spotted at the Karachi port. We would be living in a fool's paradise if we keep ignoring the capabilities of the SSG(N) and the Pak Marines(formed after 1971).

Do we have anything like that

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Screenshot_20210713-114645.jpg
Screenshot_20210713-114708.jpg
Screenshot_20210713-114728.jpg

Your attention please , this is some of the screen shots from Tonbo Imaging Websites BNVD section , so we've been blind , now we are purchasing pvs-31 . Where as this was available from the very beginning . Now I'm not an imager person , so any person with superior electro optical knowledge plz judge the qualifications of this Binods .

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Commandos aur sf dono alag alag hai kya

Aditya Roy

Country flag
Bhai his point is to put them down because some of us praised their SF equipment.
I am not putting them down. I focus on the larger macro aspects instead of the micro ones. Special forces are strategic assets and should be backed by proper intel and mission-critical support. What would the SFs do in the middle of nowhere surrounded by 1000 Talibans with their own civilians acting against them?

In the rural Pashtun-dominated areas, the Taliban enjoys overwhelming support from the civilians. Right now Afghanistan needs local civilian militias, who can support the ANA by fighting the Taliban. Long back had a convo with an Afghan soldier from the ANA Commando Corps. Very humble, had a positive very opinion of India. Even asked if an Afghan citizen can join the Indian Armed Forces.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I am not putting them down. I focus on the larger macro aspects instead of the micro ones. Special forces are strategic assets and should be backed by proper intel and mission-critical support. What would the SFs do in the middle of nowhere surrounded by 1000 Talibans with their own civilians acting against them?

In the rural Pashtun-dominated areas, the Taliban enjoys overwhelming support from the civilians. Right now Afghanistan needs local civilian militias, who can support the ANA by fighting the Taliban. Long back had a convo with an Afghan soldier from the ANA Commando Corps. Very humble, had a positive very opinion of India. Even asked if an Afghan citizen can join the Indian Armed Forces.
I have nothing to add there.

Yes afghans are very positive about Indian.A lot of them are studying in India and don't want to go back.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
View attachment 99390View attachment 99391
Ayoo wtf?????? Are my eyes fooling me or is this real?
Please someone tell me that there's a rumor para SF is also equipped like this.
I'm guessing that , the helmets are the same . Since 2018 , these new localised high cuts have made it to MARCOS , however some months ago a picture of MARCO with dual tube was posted . The helmet seemed different, maybe imported so this set maybe be from that

Aditya Roy

Country flag
But when I searched about sf the results was showing that it was Afghan commando
Their special forces come under the Commando Corps. From what I understand, it's structured just like our Parachute Reg(SFs+Airborne) vs Commando Corps(SFs+Commandos).

But theirs the size of a corps vs our reg. Both the ANA SF and Commandos come under the ANA Special Operations Command.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles