Indian Special Forces

boris

Country flag
SSGN should not be mentioned on a Military forum. They are the worst of the worst.
Interesting. What makes them the worst of the worst, and why do they end up having a wide disparity in skills compared to the SSG?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Bhai koi unn commando ki clear picture dega . God level equipment yaar

View attachment 99280
Happy to be proven wrong from time to time, let's just hope this is standardised across the MARCOs teams (on both seaboards), I have a bad feeling we will see them go back to 1970s action men for the next public demo at the beach. Let's hope they have sufficient quantities of those NVGs and not just enough to show the VIPs when they come and visit.

+ am I right in thinking this is in the A&N islands? If so they must be from MARCOs(East) which fits with the theory that MARCOs(East) stick with the black uniforms, MARCOs(West) have adopted the UCP.
That too Pvs 31s
@Gessler can you confirm?

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Happy to be proven wrong from time to time, let's just hope this is standardised across the MARCOs teams (on both seaboards), I have a bad feeling we will see them go back to 1970s action men for the next public demo at the beach. Let's hope they have sufficient quantities of those NVGs and not just enough to show the VIPs when they come and visit.
Not standardized but ye media aur kuch 2021 or 2020 ke navy calender mai jarur dikhega phir kuch saal baad shayad kashmir mai bhi dikhe

Gessler

Country flag
@Gessler can you confirm?
While it's not necessary for them to be PVS-31s, even PVS-15s (or two individual PVS-14s) can be swiveled in that position provided you order ones with the right articulating mount. However, considering we aren't likely to go that deep into aftermarket components at this stage and its likely an off-the-shelf buy, chances are its a PVS-31 as those are the easiest to get with out-of-the-box articulated mounts. I have to wonder if they are L-3.

What's more interesting is that each and every last one of them seem to be equipped with a battery pack/counterweight pouch.

nvs.JPG

abingdonboy

Country flag
While it's not necessary for them to be PVS-31s, even PVS-15s (or two individual PVS-14s) can be swiveled in that position provided you order ones with the right articulating mount. However, considering we aren't likely to go that deep into aftermarket components at this stage and its likely an off-the-shelf buy, chances are its a PVS-31 as those are the easiest to get with out-of-the-box articulated mounts. I have to wonder if they are L-3.

What's more interesting is that each and every last one of them seem to be equipped with a battery pack/counterweight pouch.

View attachment 99365
Aren’t battery packs mandatory for the -31s?

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
View attachment 99390View attachment 99391
Ayoo wtf?????? Are my eyes fooling me or is this real?
Please someone tell me that there's a rumor para SF is also equipped like this.
I had asked the Armasen guy on twitter a month back, he had said that SF have mono and bi nods in required nos and trials are going on for the quad ones. Which SF he did not specify neither did I ask.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Depending on the mount. The run-of-the-mill L3 mounts come with an included AA battery compartment.
all the reviews I’ve seen of the PVS-31 BNVDs have had a battery pack on the rear of the helmet fitted.
PS that device on the right really looks like a powered rope ascender.
This looks like it’s a boarding exercise so that seems like a strong possibility as we’ve seen MARCOs with that piece of equipment previously for at-sea boarding ops.
I had asked the Armasen guy on twitter a month back, he had said that SF have mono and bi nods in required nos and trials are going on for the quad ones. Which SF he did not specify neither did I ask.
Never take this stuff as gospel. Do not believe it until you see it with your own eyes, we’ve all been burnt by this rumour Chinese whispers game in the past and it’s also not relevant until you see it on the team guys in operational roles.

a few knocking around for evaluation/impressing VIPs is utterly meaningless- it only matters when they are put to use In the field and standardised across the force

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles