Indian Special Forces

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
So I think all of us watched this video from last year.

So the video got posted to an American military subreddit.

There is a lot of criticism in the comment section and the people there are saying that the para sf guys are "tumbling" while exiting and lack "control" among other things.

How valid is the critcism?

Aditya Roy

Country flag

There is a lot of criticism in the comment section and the people there are saying that the para sf guys are "tumbling" while exiting and lack "control" among other things.

One comment reads -

''They're tumbling on exit. Ideally you come out stable as you hit the hill and that way you have a good flat body position to fly in and pull you parachute. When you tumble you can't see jumpers below you, you can't steer, and you're taking a risk if you pull your parachute.''

next -

''I’ve had a chance to train with Indian soldiers at JBLM during exercise Yudh Abhyas. They had terrible discipline. On a range, these guys kept doing full auto on the zero range, safety shut it down three times before they just said fuck it, get the fuck off.''

another -

''When I worked with the Indian Navy on a joint deployment, they were amazed that we had working hot water on our ships.
Their level of training is.... not good.''

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
One comment reads -
''I’ve had a chance to train with Indian soldiers at JBLM during exercise Yudh Abhyas. They had terrible discipline. On a range, these guys kept doing full auto on the zero range, safety shut it down three times before they just said fuck it, get the fuck off.''

another -

''When I worked with the Indian Navy on a joint deployment, they were amazed that we had working hot water on our ships.
Their level of training is.... not good.''
For perspective: We critiziced soldiers on this forum for firing their guns in the air like morons, or muzzle discipline in "photo" shoots. Why would it be any different in training ex?

What we see as chalta hai dicking around would not fly in a bunch of places and is viewed as poorly trained.

Take what you want from it

Aditya Roy

Country flag
For perspective: We critiziced soldiers on this forum for firing their guns in the air like morons, or muzzle discipline in "photo" shoots. Why would it be any different in training ex?

What we see as chalta hai dicking around would not fly in a bunch of places and is viewed as poorly trained.

Take what you want from it
Well, that can be excused once or twice, as they were probably relieving after a CT op. But we need to address the elephant in the room i.e. we lack the culture of developing training manuals and updating them regularly. Also, there's a need to invest in human development. War is not won on bravado but through deploying the right mix of technology, training and tactics.

rkhanna

Country flag
Well, that can be excused once or twice, as they were probably relieving after a CT op. But we need to address the elephant in the room i.e. we lack the culture of developing training manuals and updating them regularly. Also, there's a need to invest in human development. War is not won on bravado but through deploying the right mix of technology, training and tactics.
IMO those comments while true are not the norm but so have kernals of truth to it. There is a rust setting in as we are happy doing COIN where 4-5 jihadis are cornered by battalions and we go wa wa.

If we have to fight a peer OPFOR like China we will be in for a rude awakening about the 'chinks' in our armour. Same thing happened in Kargil. Kargil was won by sheer grit and using our soldiers as cannon fodder.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
IMO those comments while true are not the norm but so have kernals of truth to it. There is a rust setting in as we are happy doing COIN where 4-5 jihadis are cornered by battalions and we go wa wa.

If we have to fight a peer OPFOR like China we will be in for a rude awakening about the 'chinks' in our armour. Same thing happened in Kargil. Kargil was won by sheer grit and using our soldiers as cannon fodder.
I dont know about China because their soldiers are mostly college students who joined to sponsor their degree.

But against Taliban i have no doubt in my mind that even the best of the best of India against a decent size Taliban will have a big problem.

You are right when you say that a battalion strength size going against 4 terrorist using flood lights generators and what not is the norm.

Our training is at an absolute poor standard.If we see the firing videos also we can judge that but no one uses harsh words here because of the abuses that follow.

Didnt want to say this but the AF is no different if not worse.

We need to wake up!

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
IA gives importance to its armor and artilllery according to me.most of the modernisation that takes place is on them.army has recently send RFI for Light tank,MBT,and FICV.whatever modernisation the infantry guys got was because if the CT operations.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag

To be honest, the exit form was deplorable. It speaks a lot about the individual's skills. Sad but true.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles