Indian Special Forces

Scramjet

Country flag
I think there was a operation where heads of porkis soldiers or policeman were taken and then burned only the commander of the operation knew it didn't go up to the government as the commander himself said the sf guys and commander of op would go into serious trouble.
SF has been doing such unsanctioned operations since 90s, in that no man's land region b/w india and pakistan

Gessler

Country flag
That Pakistani camo is the worst camouflage in the history of camouflage.
That seems to be a version of the Desert BDU aka Chocolate Chip camo used by US military in 1st Gulf War.

But those are PR though. The standard PA camo they've been using over the last decade is actually quite brilliant and suits their conditions very well.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
That's not a BPJ, there's no plate. It's just a load-bearing vest aka FLC for carrying magazines & stuff.
They seems to wear these a lot.even SSG seems to be going for black coloured vests any reason?

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
AKAIK different units post their vacancies up and then you volunteered for selection there. Even Paras can volunteer for SF. Maybe @AVINASH4061 can clarify
The MS Branch in Delhi decides who goes where and 99.99% times the Airborne guys don't get the chance to come for probation in a SF Bn. There have been exceptions only.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
The MS Branch in Delhi decides who goes where and 99.99% times the Airborne guys don't get the chance to come for probation in a SF Bn. There have been exceptions only.
Sir according to you is para sf and para airborne should be seperated?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Around 2008/10 only the mjn age to join armed forces was increased from 16/16.5 to 17.5 years due to UN defenitions of child soldiers.Back jn 2006 i had applied for IAF airman exam when i had just turned 17 and all my buddies who applied was just 16.So it was possible to join army at 16 and after completion of training go for SF trials at the age of 17.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Around 2008/10 only the mjn age to join armed forces was increased from 16/16.5 to 17.5 years due to UN defenitions of child soldiers.Back jn 2006 i had applied for IAF airman exam when i had just turned 17 and all my buddies who applied was just 16.So it was possible to join army at 16 and after completion of training go for SF trials at the age of 17.
That's dope for a 17yrs old

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles