Indian Special Forces

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Jeez nagaland is sure taking its security seriously
Really? What’s the point of a “high cut bump helmet” when you don’t have nightvision to mount on it to save weight compromising safety but still NVG capability exceeds head protection, you don’t give COMTACS for the purpose of highcut helmet. No protection being a bump helmet, No plate carrier, OFB Excalibur (lol). Joke.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Really? What’s the point of a “high cut bump helmet” when you don’t have nightvision to mount on it to save weight compromising safety but still NVG capability exceeds head protection, you don’t give COMTACS for the purpose of highcut helmet. No protection being a bump helmet, No plate carrier, OFB Excalibur (lol). Joke.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Watching the thread i can see during 2013-14 NSG was better equipped than Russian SF(Atleast what documentaries i saw of those years)

But the situation is very different now.

I was expecting NSG to be way better than other SF units in India but like the pictures say very less has changed if you consider a time period of 8 years.
I think it's more like their official 2010-2015 modernisation project delivered what it was meant to but there was no follow up, there should've immediately been a second 5 year modernisation plan launched but since the mid 2010s it's been mostly ad-hoc updates not a top to bottom overhaul like they need to do regularly.

Don't think it's fair to say they've stood still though, they've inducted a hell of a lot of new stuff in the last 8 years especially the CAPEX heavy stuff like new assault vehicles, UAVs, EOD tech etc. PPE just seems like the shortfall across the board in India- life is still too cheap.

MuzzleVelocity

Honestly, a set of good MBAs can chalk up a solid procurement plan and optimize it to save money and transform the equipment levels if given the leeway. MoD should start looking outward at civilian talent. Many defence personnel hold business degrees now, including former SF and regular infantry (I have studied alongside armymen in my mba) and they can be drafted back into service into these roles. It's really not that hard to be very honest.

MuzzleVelocity

Rag tag militia
It's really disheartening to see the state of affairs like this. Iraqi, Afghan SFs working in arguably more hostile environments look more standardized and better equipped. Kopassus operating in similar jungle terrain look significantly better. This country is letting its brave men down.

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
It's really disheartening to see the state of affairs like this. Iraqi, Afghan SFs working in arguably more hostile environments look more standardized and better equipped. Kopassus operating in similar jungle terrain look significantly better. This country is letting its brave men down.
What are the 3 things Indians will never learn since the beginning of time.

1.Fight wars in your enemy's territory.

2.Dont be dharmic.. Be Ruthless.

3.Give importance to a foot soldier and his skill and not just the cavalry.

BlackViking

Country flag
What are the 3 things Indians will never learn since the beginning of time.

1.Fight wars in your enemy's territory.

2.Dont be dharmic.. Be Ruthless.

3.Give importance to a foot soldier and his skill and not just the cavalry.
Kahan sir, they are getting those, as @Bleh says, Tandoor-90s. The whole procurement system is shit.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles