Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Turkish soldier

Full pic
View attachment 94614
Thanks for the clarification brother

And our stupid indian army fanboy community , last time saw a guy claiming a belgian soldier with FN FNC to be an Indian Soldier as marked out by respected sir @Unknowncommando s . Like we use Battlefield 3 and 4 posters for "INDIAN PARA-COMMANDO"type shit .🤦‍♂️. Utterly dissapointed with Fan community (As always)
Only the defence forum speak actual logic .

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Thanks for the clarification brother

And our stupid indian army fanboy community , last time saw a guy claiming a belgian soldier with FN FNC to be an Indian Soldier as marked out by respected sir @Unknowncommando s . Like we use Battlefield 3 and 4 posters for "INDIAN PARA-COMMANDO"type shit .🤦‍♂️. Utterly dissapointed with Fan community (As always)
Only the defence forum speak actual logic .
Plus for these fan boy every soldier in indian army is para sf operative lol

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Screenshot_20210609-155633.jpg

Got a clear look at the pic of MKU high cut courtesy of defence squads video .
The design is interesting , as we've seen in CPG armor or Ops Core there is a little sharp bump at the lower edge of rails , meanwhile our MKU went for little smoother cut design . Also looking up to their insta account, they used HCBH clamped with Netro Bi-oculars .
Oh BTW , I have a question, will two single tube NVG mounted on a same clamp be able to form an efficient dual tube (after purchase customization)

Scramjet

Country flag
View attachment 94616

Got a clear look at the pic of MKU high cut courtesy of defence squads video .
The design is interesting , as we've seen in CPG armor or Ops Core there is a little sharp bump at the lower edge of rails , meanwhile our MKU went for little smoother cut design . Also looking up to their insta account, they used HCBH clamped with Netro Bi-oculars .
Oh BTW , I have a question, will two single tube NVG mounted on a same clamp be able to form an efficient dual tube (after purchase customization)
Two single tube NVGs on a mount is a good combination but it has it's own drawbacks.The NVGs we use (from whatever is available in the open source) are monoculars with battery packs attached right under the unit, so basically instead of the usual weight distribution of a dedicated 2 tube nvg, you'll get an assembly whose weight is solely concentrated on the front end of the helmet which will make head movement a tough task.
Secondly, we are using 2 different image intensifiers without an interface that combines both the images to give a "stereo" image, so basically you might feel a bit dizzy while using it.
In my opinion, tech is supposed to be operative specific and not one size fits all especially in the Special Forces....so it's up to them

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Two single tube NVGs on a mount is a good combination but it has it's own drawbacks.The NVGs we use (from whatever is available in the open source) are monoculars with battery packs attached right under the unit, so basically instead of the usual weight distribution of a dedicated 2 tube nvg, you'll get an assembly whose weight is solely concentrated on the front end of the helmet which will make head movement a tough task.
Secondly, we are using 2 different image intensifiers without an interface that combines both the images to give a "stereo" image, so basically you might feel a bit dizzy while using it.
In my opinion, tech is supposed to be operative specific and not one size fits all especially in the Special Forces....so it's up to them
Thanks a lot for an explanation, that clears up a lot .

Fire and groove

Country flag
In our country we do things for show and not for the go.

When Commando sounded cool every bloody force raised its Commandos. Gave them a black patka and a basic training like Railway and state police and other units.

Training wise they were poor. Only thing they had was stamina after doing cardio all day in the heat.

A decent amount of fitness is needed but beyond that if you do its of no use. I would rather prefer a good amount of fitness over a great amount and the rest of energy to be spent on skills and knowledge.

Then we got the mahila battalions and mahila commando battalion. I mean why?

I am all for women equality but is this equality or show bazi? Will a female terroist come and ask us if she can only fight mahila commando as it would be haram to fight males?

For gods sake grow up.

Reduce the size of the force by no more than 20 %.Cut the crap spendings out.

Train your officers with foreign units. Upgrade the gear.(not just tanks)

Its really that simple. There is no rocket science here.
I think a large portion of CRPF should be dissolved into regular police. It's an outdated and extremely bloated force that's eating funds like no other. It would be much smarter for us to have localized SWAT teams on rotation (regular policing one week, SWAT duty next kinda thing) across the country instead of having a force that's barely deployed beyond Kashmir and NE. It'll cut down on deployment time, and make us far more flexible. Oh and I totally agree with this Mahilla battalion pandering. Either implement a proper system or just don't bother.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
AFSOD needs 3000 commnados so to arm them some purchases have to be made.hope they go for some good equipment and lead the way for other SFs

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I think a large portion of CRPF should be dissolved into regular police. It's an outdated and extremely bloated force that's eating funds like no other. It would be much smarter for us to have localized SWAT teams on rotation (regular policing one week, SWAT duty next kinda thing) across the country instead of having a force that's barely deployed beyond Kashmir and NE. It'll cut down on deployment time, and make us far more flexible. Oh and I totally agree with this Mahilla battalion pandering. Either implement a proper system or just don't bother.
Who do you propose takes over the bulk of the Anti Naxal, Anti Riot, VIP Protection duty, Election security etc?
You can’t have the local police do anti riot once the situation goes upside down as they’re viewed as the opponent and central forces are seen as neutral forces to an extent. For election duties I don’t trust the State Police forces of any state during elections.
For a country as diverse as India we need strong central forces as state forces are not really effective in all cases.

Last edited:

Fire and groove

Country flag
Who do you propose takes over the bulk of the Anti Naxal, Anti Riot, VIP Protection duty, Election security etc. You can’t have the local police do anti riot once the situation goes upside down as they’re viewed as the opponent and central forces are seen as neutral forces to an extent. For election duties I don’t trust the State Police forces of any state during elections.
The CRPF will still exist. I'm not calling for a complete dissolution, but we certainly could use far lesser numbers than what we have today. We need a better trained security apparatus, area domination alone isn't going to cut it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles