Indian Special Forces

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
We keep whining about the procurement process of MoD and in the case of this thread, special forces, but can anyone tell me in complete seriousness how it works? And how do other countries SoFs handle it?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Theres a hint of unprofessionalism on how we go about things.

P.S-I am being very polite.
Beyond unprofessional and just plain dumb

Those bullets go up and come back down again, are they jihadis in Pakistan/Iraq or well trained disciplined soldiers?

Genuinely disturbed to see this, if there was any integrity or sense inside the Army HQ everyone involved in this debacle would be facing disciplinary action and strict revised SOPs would be enforced

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
In our country we do things for show and not for the go.

When Commando sounded cool every bloody force raised its Commandos. Gave them a black patka and a basic training like Railway and state police and other units.

Training wise they were poor. Only thing they had was stamina after doing cardio all day in the heat.

A decent amount of fitness is needed but beyond that if you do its of no use. I would rather prefer a good amount of fitness over a great amount and the rest of energy to be spent on skills and knowledge.

Then we got the mahila battalions and mahila commando battalion. I mean why?

I am all for women equality but is this equality or show bazi? Will a female terroist come and ask us if she can only fight mahila commando as it would be haram to fight males?

For gods sake grow up.

Reduce the size of the force by no more than 20 %.Cut the crap spendings out.

Train your officers with foreign units. Upgrade the gear.(not just tanks)

Its really that simple. There is no rocket science here.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

When Commando sounded cool every bloody force raised its Commandos. Gave them a black patka and a basic training like Railway and state police and other units.

Training wise they were poor. Only thing they had was stamina after doing cardio all day in the heat.

A decent amount of fitness is needed but beyond that if you do its of no use. I would rather prefer a good amount of fitness over a great amount and the rest of energy to be spent on skills and knowledge.

I am all for women equality but is this equality or show bazi? Will a female terroist come and ask us if she can only fight mahila commando as it would be haram to fight males?

For gods sake grow up.

MoD is a joke, and so is the Indian Army’s procurement.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag

For gods sake grow up.

Someone spoke absolute sense here.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Just noticed that we have more special operations bns in para regt than airborne infantry bns which are equally important, why is it so ?
I was just about to say the same, usually a country would have the opposite with more number of “Airborne” battalions. Do we need the exact numbers we have now of SF for the threats we face or is it that we need to raise more “airborne“ battalions. Or perhaps we don’t need as many ”airborne“ battalions as per our doctrine?
Could senior members explain.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Still, i believe we need more airborne units instead of converting airborne units into SF ones
Some say every Parachute regiment battalion lobbies to convert itself into an SF battalion so I don’t think such measures will be taken well by lobbies within the army.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles