Indian Special Forces

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
What NSG do with M249 ??
I mean a Counter terror Agency with heavy weapon !! Which purpose ??
I understand bro that an LMG is heavy weapon weighing a lot of KGs, but the LMG means Light Machine Gun, and Light, Medium and Heavy Machine Guns are classified not by their weight but the caliber of rounds that it fires.

Scramjet

Country flag
I understand bro that an LMG is heavy weapon weighing a lot of KGs, but the LMG means Light Machine Gun, and Light, Medium and Heavy Machine Guns are classified not by their weight but the caliber of rounds that it fires.
A LMG is most likely used as a Squad Automatic Weapon or Light Support weapon, it's used for giving the squad a portable source of automatic firepower. This reduces logistical requirements by making it necessary to supply only one type of ammunition to a unit. Here these men are using a minimi i.e 5.56x45mm chambered

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
A LMG is most likely used as a Squad Automatic Weapon or Light Support weapon, it's used for giving the squad a portable source of automatic firepower. This reduces logistical requirements by making it necessary to supply only one type of ammunition to a unit. Here these men are using a minimi i.e 5.56x45mm chambered
That’s what I said.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
:hmm:

As regards sensors we have currently acquired Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Battle Field Surveillance Radars, Weapon Locating Radars, Long Range Reconnaissance and Observation System (LORROS), Thermal Imaging Intensification Observation Equipment (TIIOE), N Cross night vision equipment, Hand Held Thermal Imaging (HHTI) equipment, night vision binoculars and Unattended Ground Sensors. The quantities held are minimal and greater numbers are needed for improved Battle Field Transparency. Apart from these the Indian Army needs satellites as also Aerostats for wider coverage of its Area of Influence.

Fire and groove

Country flag
All the Special Forces across the world only use these 2 weapon platforms?? Jinke paas ye nahi hain haye tauba kar rahe honge?
Honestly at this point I'm more interested in the SF being allocated their relevant doctrine first, training second, equipment later. When it comes to equipment too I'm more interested in enablers: stuff like jammers, laser designators, surveillance gear....for now. I'm starting to get the feeling the military is woefully underprepared for a decisive war even against Pakistan.

Fire and groove

Country flag
What NSG do with M249 ??
I mean a Counter terror Agency with heavy weapon !! Which purpose ??
Suppression? Locking down a sector to cut off movement and isolate structures? You don't need the entire team kicking in the door and flowing into a room (which itself is a no no unless there's a time constraint).

Fire and groove

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 Sir, I don't get the idea behind the tactics shown in the first part of the video. It seems like they're peeling but they're way too close to the point that a grenade could do serious damage and there's only one guy suppressing. I don't know, they're just way too close for comfort. Any thoughts? It feels like something you'd use to train the 'fundamentals' rather than a viable tactic in the field.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 Sir, I don't get the idea behind the tactics shown in the first part of the video. It seems like they're peeling but they're way too close to the point that a grenade could do serious damage and there's only one guy suppressing. I don't know, they're just way too close for comfort. Any thoughts? It feels like something you'd use to train the 'fundamentals' rather than a viable tactic in the field.
Its probably because the firing range isnt big enough.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles