Indian Special Forces

EternalNxg

Country flag
What are the different combat shirts Para SF use? What camo? Can somebody send me a few pics

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
When an aircraft is hijacked mid air over India and does land at the nearest airport, who’s job is it to board or storm the plane if its necessary if NSG can’t get there on time. Does it go to CISF QRTs or State police SWATs?
For reference of that kind of situation and response I’m talking about here’s a video.
Cuz IMO, CISF QRTs the way they’re equipped they look like they are there to respond to threats on the ground based facilities only(As they carry AKs, INSAS Excalibur or folding stock variant and MP5s, IMO an AK and INSAS may not be suitable for use on an aircraft) and I don’t know whether state police SWAT members get training for this purpose.

rkhanna

Country flag
Any reason why both went for different rifles?
When an aircraft is hijacked mid air over India and does land at the nearest airport, who’s job is it to board or storm the plane if its necessary if NSG can’t get there on time. Does it go to CISF QRTs or State police SWATs?
For reference of that kind of situation and response I’m talking about here’s a video.
Cuz IMO, CISF QRTs the way they’re equipped they look like they are there to respond to threats on the ground based facilities only and I don’t know whether state police SWAT members get training for this purpose.
NSG only. No other unit in india has the capability.

armyofhind

Country flag
Cuz IMO, CISF QRTs the way they’re equipped they look like they are there to respond to threats on the ground based facilities only(As they carry AKs, INSAS Excalibur or folding stock variant and MP5s, IMO an AK and INSAS may not be suitable for use on an aircraft) and I don’t know whether state police SWAT members get training for this purpose.
52 SAG

Killbot

Country flag
Please read my post properly, I said if NSG can’t get there on time.
Negotiators. If the terrorists start killing people b4 anyone gets there, we're fucked. 9/11 redux.

No idiot will storm the plane less than 24-48 hours after hijacking. Only when negotiation is hopeless will the government avail themselves of that option. Which isn't likely in India.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
  1. Para SF
  2. MARCOS
  3. Special Group
  4. Special Frontier Force
  5. Force One has been trained in hostage rescue and counter terrorism (don't know about other SWAT units).

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
AFAIK, hostage rescue on an aircraft is another league itself, so think we can remove Force One.
Why? With enough training and lessons it can be drilled into units. So why not state police SWAT units. Response with police SWAT units will be quicker, swift and more localized.

We need to get out of the elitist mindset. If localized units can do the job, then nothing like it.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Well I think that cisf qrt can do anti hijacking mission

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
NSG only. No other unit in india has the capability.
Negotiators. If the terrorists start killing people b4 anyone gets there, we're fucked. 9/11 redux.

No idiot will storm the plane less than 24-48 hours after hijacking. Only when negotiation is hopeless will the government avail themselves of that option. Which isn't likely in India.
Why? With enough training and lessons it can be drilled into units. So why not state police SWAT units. Response with police SWAT units will be quicker, swift and more localized.

We need to get out of the elitist mindset. If localized units can do the job, then nothing like it.

CISF and SWATs do seem to try training for that kind of situation though

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles