Indian Special Forces

Waanar

Country flag
How much action do state swat teams see? do police teams see much action at all?
Depends on the state.
NE, Union Territory of Kashmir (by the gods, it feels good to say it), the currently emaciated red corridor are bound to have missions according to their role, otherwise, as @rkhanna ji said, they bake.
They bake in guard duty, they bake at the metros, they bake at a VIP event and they keep on baking.
The only outlier, I feel, are the UP ATS and STF.

Those guys do good work, what with busting terrorist cells in tandem with MI.

Scramjet

Country flag
How much action do state swat teams see? do police teams see much action at all?
Idk about SWAT teams, but i can tell you about JKP's SOG cause someone i know up close has served in it, they've seen a lot of action over the years alongside RR, SFs, CRPF units, BSF units.
Notorious for Hoomayne rights violations and stuff.
94-03 was a tough stint, everyone knows the reason.

Punjab police SOG unit are at par, cause you know lots of ex-para SF guys are over there, even their ADG was an ex-NSG himself
(Pardon me for posting this stuff on this thread)
your avg JKP SOG operative :
PicsArt_05-13-07.35.54.jpg

Punjab police SOG :
images (44).jpeg

ManhattanProject

Country flag
In mumbai. They bake in the heat outside Mantralaya and under my building because I live near the chief ministers bunglow
and those horrible vests and uniform, they should have thought about the heat when choosing their equipment.
Its like, commando hai insaan thodi.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, in the picture of you in a joint exercise with the MARCOS, you guys were using the AK103 of the MARCOS. How did you find the gun? Considering that the gun poised to largely replace INSAS rifle in our armed forces is the AK203 Indian watered down version(if it ever happens), has almost become an AK 103M, do you think the watered down gun is suitable for a large part of the army?
Believe you me any weapon on the AK platform is fantastic, we actually don't need THE BEST RIFLES, because they cost almost twice. 7.62x39 is a very effective calibre. AK 103 misses out on modularity which probably the 203s shall make up to.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Believe you me any weapon on the AK platform is fantastic, we actually don't need THE BEST RIFLES, because they cost almost twice. 7.62x39 is a very effective calibre. AK 103 misses out on modularity which probably the 203s shall make up to.
Sir sorry to say but the AK-203 we are getting is just AK-103M.
1620941144633.jpeg

ManhattanProject

Country flag
sorry to say there is nothing modular about the rifle we wanted to get, The ak521 might have been modular but the 203 isnt.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles