Indian Special Forces

SKC

Country flag
at first they import than they make their own version. Most of their vests and helmets are home made now.
Even their own version of the peq.

View attachment 89392
They have a Big Import Substitution program going on since last EU and US sanctions from 2015-16 onwards.

They procure many items in limited quantity through backdoor deals or via open civilian markets and then goes on full soviet style reverse engineering!

They have been quite successful so far as a good deal of information on construction and manufacturing is already available online. They have been able to replicate complex CMC machines in house too; getting them was pain in d'ass during Soviet times.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
They have a big Import Substitution program goingon since last EU and US sansctions from 2015-16 onwards.

They procure many items in limited quantity through backdoor deals or via open civilian markets and then goes on full soviet style reverse engineering!
They have been quite successful so far as a good deal of information on construction and manufacturing is already available online. They have been able to replicate complex CMC machines in house too; getting them was pain in d'ass during Soviet times.
They have also copied shooting stances and various other drills from western forces and we are here still using russian shooting styles they used in grozny in the 90s

SKC

Country flag
They have also copied shooting stances and various other drills from western forces and we are here still using russian shooting styles they used in grozny in the 90s
We are having bilateral exercises with US troops since two decades now Similarly there are regular excursuses with UK, French troops from time to time.
We are said to be trained by forces from IDF also! However our stance is still old school soviet style! Why!!!!!!!!!
Do we actually lean from these exercises or not or are these just for PR purpose?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
No use of any sit-in.
The soldiers themselves seem very content and have a somewhat luddite mentality regarding better gears.

I'm still slightly irked by the confidence exuded by Retd. Major Vivek Jacob when he said "we're the fucking best".
I don't believe that, neither will most onlookers.
SOF isn't all about the will and the kill, they're literally the best our country can offer.

Gear matters, uniformity matters.
There's a reason why Josef Goebbels placed such a high priority on uniform of the SS (what, with the aid of Hugo Boss and whatnot) or, in recent memory, Thatcher's wish to make a spectacle out of the Iranian embassy siege.

Psychological warfare matters too. When you see the picture of a Para operative, do you feel overwhelmed?
I don't. Some of them literally look like chapri nibbas with guns.
Yet, Retd. Major Vivek Jacob is content. I don't know if his mentality is the prevalent one, but if it is, no point of any amount of sit ins.

The change must be intrinsic. They're not barbies we can dress up and play war with.

(Disclaimer: I never played with Barbies, or fought a war with them. And that white liquid on that barbie in my closet is totally paint and not what it looks like.)
That attitude is due to the training of making a canon fodder not think of being a cannon fodder.

It is exactly like they train a terrorist and he thinks he is invincible and a single terrorist goes head on against an Army.

It is a major lack of exposure.

Has the Major even stepped out of his backyard to make the outlandish comment? BIG NO

And sorry to say i will be very shocked if he even knows the name of more than 5 NATO SF units and 10 equipments they use.

And if you interact with SF soldiers/NSG/SPG you will come to know that mentally they are not there.

I will be very shocked it anything major happens from here.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
We are having bilateral exercises with US troops since two decades now Similarly there are regular excursuses with UK, French troops from time to time.
We are said to be trained by forces from IDF also! However our stance is still old school soviet style! Why!!!!!!!!!
Do we actually lean from these exercises or not or are these just for PR purpose?
Russians got a rude awakening in chechyna some high standard terrorism instances like moscow theater hostage crisis and beslan school hostage crisis made them know that bad ass training is not enough.by the looks of it we may also get our own rude awakening if we do not does changes to our mentality on SF

SKC

Country flag
Russians got a rude awakening in chechyna some high standard terrorism instances like moscow theater hostage crisis and beslan school hostage crisis made them know that bad ass training is not enough.by the looks of it we may also get our own rude awakening if we do not does changes to our mentality on SF
But we had already many such instances which should have awaken our SF. Pathankot, Mumbai 2008 and many more. But things are still the same.

rkhanna

Country flag
State SWATs regularly train with NSG.
I've seen several pictures of different state and central police at the red brickhouse in Manesar.
The concept of the special composite groups of the NSG is to train thr SWAT teams of major cities.

SCGs are permanently deployed in those cities.

They fact that (ex Mumbai) the NSG teams have no infra or barracks or training grounds or logistics support is a whole different thing.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
All such LAMs differ primarily with regard to power of laser, modes of operation, and accessibility (ability to wire up with pressure switches etc.). Information on the STING is very scarce, but here's a good comparative look at some contemporary LAMs:

And an in-depth look at my favorite, the B.E. Meyers MAWL, with some terrific cinematography from Garand Thumb's channel :

these are cool, but abit too expensive for our force's taste. Something more like this could help.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
We have seen PEQ-15s and PEQ-2s with PARA SF and RR units, even @AVINASH4061 sir, said Para sf do possess PEQs, so they are there, bur frankly without NODs I don't see how effectively they could be used.
they are far few and between, every one of those operators should have a IR laser/designator. A cheaper option might help in procurement. They do possess nods but just single tube ones.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Mumbai gave NSG awakening and even our state swat teams are now mimicking NSG .but our MOD is still 😐
MHA is very efficient in that manner
CRPF QAT being the prime example, they are easily the best kitted out there
MOD is still controlled by babudom and (((under the table deals)))

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
IMO, SPG CAT teams are not that well equipped
Compare their kit to FBI HRT or American SS CAT teams
But nevertheless they are one of the best in Close protection
Us secret service CAt team member, they are drawn from police forces and easily kitted out with special operations forces level equipment
Compare this with SPG CAT

Screenshot_20210513-120443~2.png

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles