Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Remember when the "Gucci gang" used to be able to hide behind the idea that the Russians had sub-par equipment but a fierce reputation well they have aped NATO's units at every turn (even importing civilian version of their gear) meanwhile Indian SFs are still living in their own time warp about 35 years behind everyone else

Russian AK105:

1620843900937.png

It's the details that will kill you if you compare this to what India's elite uses

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Remember when the "Gucci gang" used to be able to hide behind the idea that the Russians had sub-par equipment but a fierce reputation well they have aped NATO's units at every turn (even importing civilian version of their gear) meanwhile Indian SFs are still living in their own time warp about 35 years behind everyone else

Russian AK105:

View attachment 89381

It's the details that will kill you if you compare this to what India's elite uses
at first they import than they make their own version. Most of their vests and helmets are home made now.
Even their own version of the peq.

images (84).jpeg

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag

Russian AK105:

View attachment 89381

Koi iss chiz ko lekar dharna dega mere sath prime minister office ke bahar

Waanar

Country flag
Koi iss chiz ko lekar dharna dega mere sath prime minister office ke bahar
No use of any sit-in.
The soldiers themselves seem very content and have a somewhat luddite mentality regarding better gears.

I'm still slightly irked by the confidence exuded by Retd. Major Vivek Jacob when he said "we're the fucking best".
I don't believe that, neither will most onlookers.
SOF isn't all about the will and the kill, they're literally the best our country can offer.

Gear matters, uniformity matters.
There's a reason why Josef Goebbels placed such a high priority on uniform of the SS (what, with the aid of Hugo Boss and whatnot) or, in recent memory, Thatcher's wish to make a spectacle out of the Iranian embassy siege.

Psychological warfare matters too. When you see the picture of a Para operative, do you feel overwhelmed?
I don't. Some of them literally look like chapri nibbas with guns.
Yet, Retd. Major Vivek Jacob is content. I don't know if his mentality is the prevalent one, but if it is, no point of any amount of sit ins.

The change must be intrinsic. They're not barbies we can dress up and play war with.

(Disclaimer: I never played with Barbies, or fought a war with them. And that white liquid on that barbie in my closet is totally paint and not what it looks like.)

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
No use of any sit-in.
The soldiers themselves seem very content and have a somewhat luddite mentality regarding better gears.

I'm still slightly irked by the confidence exuded by Retd. Major Vivek Jacob when he said "we're the fucking best".
SOF isn't all about the will and the kill, they're literally the best our country can offer.

There's a reason why Josef Goebbels placed such a high priority on uniform of the SS (what, with the aid of Hugo Boss and whatnot) or, in recent memory, Thatcher's wish to make a spectacle out of the Iranian embassy siege.

Psychological warfare matters too. When you see the picture of a Para operative, do you feel overwhelmed?
Yet, Retd. Major Vivek Jacob is content. I don't know if his mentality is the prevalent one, but if it is, no point of any amount of sit ins.

The change must be intrinsic. They're not barbies we can dress up and play war with.

(Disclaimer: I never played with Barbies, or fought a war with them. And that white liquid on that barbie in my closet is totally paint and not what it looks like.)
Oh wannar, don't lie we know , ( it is definitely , what it looks like because it ain't paint buddy)

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
No use of any sit-in.

That “Chapri nibbas with guns” part of post got me 😂. It is sad but true state of Indian SF.

Gessler

Country flag
The Garuds use the Mepro Sting with their Negevs right? Could anyone tell me how is it different from a peq 15 like device? I do know the sting lacks an IR illuminator. Thanks in advance.
All such LAMs differ primarily with regard to power of laser, modes of operation, and accessibility (ability to wire up with pressure switches etc.). Information on the STING is very scarce, but here's a good comparative look at some contemporary LAMs:

And an in-depth look at my favorite, the B.E. Meyers MAWL, with some terrific cinematography from Garand Thumb's channel :

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles