Indian Special Forces

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This photo bro i have seen in countless Army Cantonments across India and is used by even the Army for recruitment ads.
You’re saying this? Lol. In 2019, Indian Army had organised a display at Netaji Subhash University of Technology. They were using Battlefield 3 poster soldier pic in their banners. This one 👇🏻.
1620725275833.jpeg

armyofhind

Country flag
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen this image labelled as PARA (SF) over the years, I saw a pretty decent debunking a long time back that broke down every element, nothing in the pic is in Indian service

that's PARA (SF) just like this is MARCOs:

View attachment 89068
What's the debunking about? I'd like to read it.

I guess the folks over at BR should've researched properly.

The picture below is GROM I think.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, in the picture of you in a joint exercise with the MARCOS, you guys were using the AK103 of the MARCOS. How did you find the gun? Considering that the gun poised to largely replace INSAS rifle in our armed forces is the AK203 Indian watered down version(if it ever happens), has almost become an AK 103M, do you think the watered down gun is suitable for a large part of the army?

Waanar

Country flag
XM 177. That unique muzzle device which acted like both suppressor and flash hider.

I think many were procured for SFF.
It didn't act as a suppressor. This was a specific demand by MACVSOG to make it sound like an AK so in cross border raids or hatchet ops, they didn't get identified and targeted so easily.

MisraZ

Country flag
It didn't act as a suppressor. This was a specific demand by MACVSOG to make it sound like an AK so in cross border raids or hatchet ops, they didn't get identified and targeted so easily.
Not sure about that sound like AK part, I incorrectly mentioned suppressor instead of sound moderator. But in wiki, it was mentioned that sound and report was similar to a full length m16.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles