Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Guys , i am a rookie in the forum , could you plz help me. how to upload a picture from my gallery in this forum

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Sig 550 series vs MCX which one is better? Heard they introduced MCX series to venture into US markets.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Sig 550 series vs MCX which one is better? Heard they introduced MCX series to venture into US markets.
SIG SAUER MCX is a completely new generation of firearms, Sig 500 series has been around since the late 70s, and if I'm not wrong takes a lot of inspiration from Kalashnikovs design.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
The fact that they carried Sig MPX and HK MP5 in equal numbers in the Republic Day parade, IMO shows NSG has chosen SIG MPX as it’s 9mm sub machine gun to replace/augment the MP5.
Ig they’ll wait to see what IA chooses for its carbine requirements, NSG may take a decision what to replace their SIG 500 family of weapons with. I have a feeling they will choose SIG SAUER weapons like the MCX and 716 for their respective requirements. Previously it is seen with Indian sec agencies like NSG and SPG buy an entire family of weapons within a single company ex. NSG initially purchased a large number of HK products(MP5, PSG-1 sniper) and SPG until this day has FN HERSTAL fever.
Yes, SPG uses FN Five-Seven Pistol, FN-2000 and FN SCARs. I’m waiting when Indian Army will buy CAR-816.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen this image labelled as PARA (SF) over the years, I saw a pretty decent debunking a long time back that broke down every element, nothing in the pic is in Indian service

that's PARA (SF) just like this is MARCOs:

View attachment 89068
This photo bro i have seen in countless Army Cantonments across India and is used by even the Army for recruitment ads.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag

My perspective of tri-service SOFs under the AFSOD

Equipments
Quarter Zips of 6 para(Airborne)camo
Exfil Ballistic High Cuts with 2.0 rails
Armasen Tactical SF RIG,WASP, and other tactical equipment
Sig-716i with ACOG 3.5×35 with off sight RDS, peq-15,grip with built in adjustable bipod .
Tonbo BNVD-P or BNVD

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles