Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
The fact that they carried Sig MPX and HK MP5 in equal numbers in the Republic Day parade, IMO shows NSG has chosen SIG MPX as it’s 9mm sub machine gun to replace/augment the MP5.
Last year NSG issued an RFI for several 1000 MP5A5s so the MP5 isn't going anywhere for them, like I said the MPX is just a hedge for them (IMO).

Ig they’ll wait to see what IA chooses for its carbine requirements,
That hasn't got anything to do with NSG and they won't let that mess effect their plans in anyway whatsoever. NSG/SPG do whatever NSG/SPG want for themselves.

Aspirant847

Country flag
The fact that they carried Sig MPX and HK MP5 in equal numbers in the Republic Day parade, IMO shows NSG has chosen SIG MPX as it’s 9mm sub machine gun to replace/augment the MP5.
Ig they’ll wait to see what IA chooses for its carbine requirements, NSG may take a decision what to replace their SIG 500 family of weapons with. I have a feeling they will choose SIG SAUER weapons like the MCX and 716 for their respective requirements. Previously it is seen with Indian sec agencies like NSG and SPG buy an entire family of weapons within a single company ex. NSG initially purchased a large number of HK products(MP5, PSG-1 sniper) and SPG until this day has FN HERSTAL fever.
SPG is like any other force man, some good officers and some not so good officers

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Just a plain simple carrying handle
Okay (carrying+rear sight, I thought there was a designation for that)
they are The old timers
Now the M4s mostly come in Flattop with extended rail going upto the forward gas block/front sight, and use a flip up iron sight for the rear

That picture was probably a decade + oldI
I don't know if any units still use the M4 in that configuration

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
SPG is like any other force man, some good officers and some not so good officers
Did I say they’re good or bad, I just said Indian security agencies prefer to buy a wide range of weapons from one company itself, NSG has mostly preferred HK weapons and SPG prefers FN weapons, it’s not really a bad thing as there will be some great discounts and better service and maintenance deals if you buy from one company itself. Only downside is when the company turns on you

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Did I say they’re good or bad, I just said Indian security agencies prefer to buy a wide range of weapons from one company itself, NSG has mostly preferred HK weapons and SPG prefers FN weapons, it’s not really a bad thing as there will be some great discounts and better service and maintenance deals if you buy from one company itself. Only downside is when the company turns on you
Now both of them have shown L to us

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles