Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
That's uniformity in indian standards.its miracle they at least have a common Assault rifle
They don't have common assault rifle

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Heard of the infamous Night Raids in Af? Who do you think carry them out? These supposedly 'ineffective' guys do. They have replaced the Devgru at this tasking in Af, US pullout and all. I'm talking about the NDS Special Forces, just to be clear, not the commando corps. There has been a discussion on the same in the archived thread and the India pakistan conflict thread.

And if you are trying to imply that American aid to just the Afghan Special Forces is more than Indian SF budget, then that is even more pathetic. @abingdonboy @rkhanna @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR anyone, is this true?
Well let's see if they can defend against Taliban besides I was telling about arms and ammunition night vision goggles supplied to them. NDF is good but at the end of the day can they defend the country against Taliban it's easy to say as a keyboard warrior about expensive Gucci stuff what a sf personal need after watching YouTube channels. NDF is good but Taliban is overwhelming US themselves have themself considered losing to Taliban let alone with limited resources what can NDF do.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
@Killbot
And if you are trying to imply that American aid to just the Afghan Special Forces is more than Indian SF budget, then that is even more pathetic.
I never meant that I have quoted above about arms and ammunition along with vests and night vision goggles. There is no specific data known to public about parasf budget so it doesn't make any sense to compare afsf to parasf

rkhanna

Country flag
Heard of the infamous Night Raids in Af? Who do you think carry them out? These supposedly 'ineffective' guys do. They have replaced the Devgru at this tasking in Af, US pullout and all. I'm talking about the NDS Special Forces, just to be clear, not the commando corps. There has been a discussion on the same in the archived thread and the India pakistan conflict thread.

And if you are trying to imply that American aid to just the Afghan Special Forces is more than Indian SF budget, then that is even more pathetic. @abingdonboy @rkhanna @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR anyone, is this true?
Well I am willing to wager that the per capita 'aid' to the Afghan SOF unit is higher than what we spend on our soldiers. Also don't forget the couple of million dollars spent on their 'trainers'. I.e US SOF units. I am also sure that key SoF personal are flown back to Bragg for more advanced training just like with The Iraqi Golden Division and the Kurdish YAR teams.

Don't forget we have an insane number of SOF troops who compete for the same budget as normal infantry. I.e the rest of the para battalions and army SF get from the same allocation. Only garud and Marcos have seperate budgets but the Army is our primary SOF units. Then it's also that the SFF and ghataks also cut into the same kit purchases - rifles, optics etc

They ofcourse don't have the access to the rest of the infra we could deploy - ISR, Air, Artillery etc

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Right now our capabilities are nothing more than conducting a few raids from the border.

We in our deshbhakti forget to really analyse where we stand right now.

Most people don't realise thise equipments are basically capabilities we are talking about.

I am sorry to say some of the ops conducted by Israelis in 70s and 80s are still another 20-30 years away from us.

Our SF in Kashmir are facing a very low intensity firefights.

Iraqi and Afghanistan SF get into more severe firefights.

Their equipment,training and tactics all look much better than us.I have no doubt in the theory that those who work hard will always come on top.

Hence i dont rank Indian SF anywhere in the top 20 SF of the world on basis of anything at all.

Some of our drills are sloppy,our tactics are decades old,shooting style and drills are unimpressive and there is no plan to change and modernise.

I have always showed little interest in AFSOD.

In flying we have 5 P..Prior..Planning..Prevents..Poor.. Performance.

When there is no planning on aquisition how will we modernise?

All of us old timers were saying after SS that now SF will be given priority but we havent seen that.

And even if we aquire that helmet or this bpj i dont think that will change anything on the ground?

Problem is in the calibre of the people responsible..nothing else.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Well let's see if they can defend against Taliban besides I was telling about arms and ammunition night vision goggles supplied to them. NDF is good but at the end of the day can they defend the country against Taliban it's easy to say as a keyboard warrior about expensive Gucci stuff what a sf personal need after watching YouTube channels. NDF is good but Taliban is overwhelming US themselves have themself considered losing to Taliban let alone with limited resources what can NDF do.
there is nothing gucci about dual tube NVDs and some modern armour.
They dont even have basic stuff.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Right now our capabilities are nothing more than conducting a few raids from the border.

Most people don't realise thise equipments are basically capabilities we are talking about.

I am sorry to say some of the ops conducted by Israelis in 70s and 80s are still another 20-30 years away from us.

Their equipment,training and tactics all look much better than us.I have no doubt in the theory that those who work hard will always come on top.

Hence i dont rank Indian SF anywhere in the top 20 SF of the world on basis of anything at all.

Some of our drills are sloppy,our tactics are decades old,shooting style and drills are unimpressive and there is no plan to change and modernise.

All of us old timers were saying after SS that now SF will be given priority but we havent seen that.

And even if we aquire that helmet or this bpj i dont think that will change anything on the ground?

Sending special forces at un peace keeping can help sf to get some better experience ?

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag

Well itna bura bhi mat sochiye
We are the f*cking best :- major vivek jacob

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
there is nothing gucci about dual tube NVDs and some modern armour.
They dont even have basic stuff.
Well Tata and DRDO did develop armour plates but vest is not up to the mark @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR We are not fighting untrained Taliban our enemy is much well trained than Taliban and firefight is much less we are more efficient and only few terrorist go to pakistan for training thus less intensity firefight talking about top 20 yes we are there. Isreal had different circumstances we have different and terrain too along with politics . Aur no one is blind other in nationalism @Killbot we are talking about whole army assets Afghans don't have that much assets and there only main goal is to defeat Taliban all of their assets are on NDS .

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Another arm chair nigga.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Well Tata and DRDO did develop armour plates but vest is not up to the mark @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR We are not fighting untrained Taliban our enemy is much well trained than Taliban and firefight is much less we are more efficient and only few terrorist go to pakistan for training thus less intensity firefight talking about top 20 yes we are there. Isreal had different circumstances we have different and terrain too along with politics . Aur no one is blind other in nationalism @Killbot we are talking about whole army assets Afghans don't have that much assets and there only main goal is to defeat Taliban all of their assets are on NDS .
@AVINASH4061 sir any thoughts

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles