Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
If our SF lack proper night vision devices, how do they conduct night time HALO and HAHO? Or they don't conduct these?
You don't need night vision to do that, it's just very dangerous to do so.

I remember Shiv Aroor posted a pic of a nighttime MARCOs HALO jump where the operators had chemlights attached to their arms and legs to provide position information to one another. Jugaad like this I guess is what happens to overcome the monumental equipment shortage

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
You don't need night vision to do that, it's just very dangerous to do so.

I remember Shiv Aroor posted a pic of a nighttime MARCOs HALO jump where the operators had chemlights attached to their arms and legs to provide position information to one another. Jugaad like this I guess is what happens to overcome the monumental equipment shortage
Can u share that pic by Shiv.

So without NVD how does the first jumper locate where he is landing/suppose to land?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, it has been said on this thread and on others that the PKM machine guns used by the Paras are from those which have been captured from terrorists and allegedly cannbalised from T-55 tanks. Have few ever been purchased directly and if yes, from where. Is it a problem having different types of PKM within a unit and from where is the 7.62x54 ammo purchased from(Russia, Bulgaria or other former soviet republics).

abingdonboy

Country flag
Can u share that pic by Shiv.

So without NVD how does the first jumper locate where he is landing/suppose to land?
I tried locating it but it's from at least a decade back, you can probably find it yourself if you search hard enough using 'MARCOs, night jump' or some similar terms.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles