Aditya Ballal

Country flag

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
This is a skewed view. When America was transferring Nazi researchers from Germany to NASA under Operation Paperclip, they needed a scapegoat. So they built up this myth of "Good nazis" because most of the scientists were under the Wehrmacht or Luftwaffe, and "Bad nazis" who were under Waffen SS to fill the void of the scapegoats for "righteous" retribution.
SS soldiers were as honorable as any other Wehrmacht soldier, except the ones guarding concentration camps (which Wehrmacht also did, occassionally).

Frankly I do not subscribe to the euro-centric view of nazis.
If the Nazis didn't rise up, we would've gotten freedom much later, and probably a pyrrhic freedom like was the case in Rhodesia.
Furthermore, the Brits genocided Bengalis like hell and we don't even think of their atrocities.
I would happily shake the hands of an SS soldier, even an Auschwitz guard, over the hands of any SSG member. They engineered the genocide of Kashmiri Pandits and this cognitive dissonance where we subscribe so heavily to the western or even the Indian military's posture of respecting the enemy is very disheartening.

We had nothing to do with the jews but we think it's noble to "respect" soldiers involved in the genocide of our own?
No, brother, not at all. That is a globalist's worldview shoved forcefully down a patriot's throat.
The military may be good at what they do, but I still see a ruined Surya Martand Temple in Kashmir while they're busy doing this-

Respect the institution but criticize it where necessary. The Army still follows a Montgomerian approach to everything and behaves more like the British Indian Army than the "INDIAN" Army in many aspects.

TLDR- An Indian disrespecting a SS soldier while respecting a SSG butcher is an European in a brown body in my view. Do not underestimate but do not "respect", either.

Sorry brother, had to rant. I'm fed up of Indians doing this.
Respecting doesn't mean walking up and shaking hands. Here respecting implies acknowledging the soldier for his skills. Also when the soldier is your foe and that too a skilled one, how do you make good plans to get past him if you do not assess him the right way. The day you get complacent and undermine the skills of your enemy, that is the day he catches you. The hunter becomes the hunted. Please understand the word RESPECT in the right connotation.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Respecting doesn't mean walking up and shaking hands. Here respecting implies acknowledging the soldier for his skills. Also when the soldier is your foe and that too a skilled one, how do you make good plans to get past him if you do not assess him the right way. The day you get complacent and undermine the skills of your enemy, that is the day he catches you. The hunter becomes the hunted. Please understand the word RESPECT in the right connotation.
Sir how was your first combat freefall😁?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
This is a skewed view. When America was transferring Nazi researchers from Germany to NASA under Operation Paperclip, they needed a scapegoat. So they built up this myth of "Good nazis" because most of the scientists were under the Wehrmacht or Luftwaffe, and "Bad nazis" who were under Waffen SS to fill the void of the scapegoats for "righteous" retribution.
SS soldiers were as honorable as any other Wehrmacht soldier, except the ones guarding concentration camps (which Wehrmacht also did, occassionally).

Frankly I do not subscribe to the euro-centric view of nazis.
If the Nazis didn't rise up, we would've gotten freedom much later, and probably a pyrrhic freedom like was the case in Rhodesia.
Furthermore, the Brits genocided Bengalis like hell and we don't even think of their atrocities.
I would happily shake the hands of an SS soldier, even an Auschwitz guard, over the hands of any SSG member. They engineered the genocide of Kashmiri Pandits and this cognitive dissonance where we subscribe so heavily to the western or even the Indian military's posture of respecting the enemy is very disheartening.

We had nothing to do with the jews but we think it's noble to "respect" soldiers involved in the genocide of our own?
No, brother, not at all. That is a globalist's worldview shoved forcefully down a patriot's throat.
The military may be good at what they do, but I still see a ruined Surya Martand Temple in Kashmir while they're busy doing this-

Respect the institution but criticize it where necessary. The Army still follows a Montgomerian approach to everything and behaves more like the British Indian Army than the "INDIAN" Army in many aspects.

TLDR- An Indian disrespecting a SS soldier while respecting a SSG butcher is an European in a brown body in my view. Do not underestimate but do not "respect", either.

Sorry brother, had to rant. I'm fed up of Indians doing this.
Good and Valid points when looked from one perspective. No offence mate, but cant agree on some of them because of the way i views things. Anyway lets agree to disagree 👍.

Aspirant847

Country flag
So true.. Many 'professsional' men even respect the Afghan mujahids of 90s and NE militants for their sheer aggressiveness and operational abilities. People undermining SSG should remember that they too are SF and getting into SF of any country aint any cakewalk. and its a noble act to respect uniformed soldiers unless they are SS or IS.
yeah colonel chaturvedi also appreciated his time in NE and their fighters

Waanar

Country flag
I know sir, and I get that pretty well, but some of us young uns, especially the ones who don't have a strong grasp of english usually lose this meaning in the transition.

Again, here, the "respect" isn't limited to simply a healthy caution as you're stating because Waffen SS soldiers were one of the best trained ones in World War II and ISIS rattled two countries within half a decade with minimal support. His respect here stems from the morality of their deeds.
If one's to "respect" SSG, one must respect Waffen or ISIS. ISIS managed to take over Syria heavily outnumbered and Waffen SS's deed are infamous.

My understanding isn't misplaced here, good sir. I'm being specific to his meaning of respect.

Spindrift

Cursory research didn't turn up a section 78. Could you throw a dog a bone?

What would he the violation?
Sorry, made a slight mistake, its Arms rule of 1962 section 20 and 21 which were further amended in Arms rule 2016 Part VI section 78

Basically, a person making such changes needs to be an accredited gunsmith with a license to perform such modifications and a lot of paper work.

Arms Rule 1962:
20. Manufacture, conversion, shortening, repair, test, sale, etc., of arms or ammunition.—
(1) The licensing authority while granting a licence in Form IX shall show clearly in the licence Form—
(i) the categories and description of the arms or ammunition covered by the licence;
(ii) the transactions permitted in respect of the different categories of arms or ammunition, and omit any transactions or categories of arms or ammunition, not covered by the licence.
(2) A copy of every licence granted in Form IX by an authority other than the District Magistrate of the place of business, factory or shop of the licensee shall forthwith be sent to that District Magistrate.

21. Conversion, repair, test, sale, etc.—
(1) Where a licence is granted in Form IX or Form XI for conversion or repair, but not manufacture, of any category of fire-arms or ammunition, it entitles the licensee to fabricate components or parts, for the purpose of conversion or repair of such fire-arms or ammunition but not to manufacture such components or parts to be utilised for assembling into complete fire-arms or ammunition of any category which he is allowed to manufacture.
(2) (a) a licence in Form XI shall not entitle the dealer to shorten a fire-arm or to convert an imitation fire-arm, into a fire-arm, unless he has a licence in Form IX showing specifically that he is permitted to shorten a fire-arm or convert an imitation fire-arm into a fire-arm
(b) Under no circumstances shall a dealer shorten the barrel of a rifle or smooth-bore gun so that the resultant length becomes less than 20 inches.
(c) The details of the cases in which barrels are shortened and imitation fire-arms are converted into fire-arms shall be reported every month to the District Magistrate, in such form, if any, as may be required.
(3) A dealer having a licence in Form XI, Form XII or Form XIII to 1[repair or test] or to sell fire-arms or ammunition shall not take the fire-arms or ammunition for testing to a testing range or other place, unless specifically permitted to do so by his licence, and he shall carry out tests only in such manner and subject to such conditions as are laid down therein. 2[(4) Where a licence is granted in Form IX or Form XI for conversion of ammunition, it shall not entitle the licensee to convert blank cartridges or any ammunitions having no projectile into single/multiple projectile ammunition or to load or reload any ammunition.]
For arms rule 2016 http://www.bareactslive.com/ACA/ACT2945.HTM

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
I know sir, and I get that pretty well, but some of us young uns, especially the ones who don't have a strong grasp of english usually lose this meaning in the transition.

Again, here, the "respect" isn't limited to simply a healthy caution as you're stating because Waffen SS soldiers were one of the best trained ones in World War II and ISIS rattled two countries within half a decade with minimal support. His respect here stems from the morality of their deeds.
If one's to "respect" SSG, one must respect Waffen or ISIS. ISIS managed to take over Syria heavily outnumbered and Waffen SS's deed are infamous.

My understanding isn't misplaced here, good sir. I'm being specific to his meaning of respect.
True, respecting is in terms of soldiering only.

rkhanna

Country flag
Basically, a person making such changes needs to be an accredited gunsmith with a license to perform such modifications and a lot of paper work.
Yes sir, aware of that. So the Armed Forces and the MoD that can run OFBs, cannot have accredited gunsmiths? lol just lol. and we dream of AFSOD turning into some sort of SOCOM is it?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles