Indian Special Forces

Spindrift

What reason did they give back then?
Violation of human rights... there was an article in the Outlook magazine different state police forces where looking to acquire H&K USP, UMP and MP7. I remember UP and Punjab police being mentioned in the article, don't remember the names of the other forces that were mentioned.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Violation of human rights... there was an article in the Outlook magazine different state police forces where looking to acquire H&K USP, UMP and MP7. I remember UP and Punjab police being mentioned in the article, don't remember the names of the other forces that were mentioned.
I think we need to make these gun on our own . And we start making these type of guns we can supply them to asean countries and even germany will bow down on their knees and will try their best to sell their equipment to indian company

Spindrift

I think we need to make these gun on our own . And we start making these type of guns we can supply them to asean countries and even germany will bow down on their knees and will try their best to sell their equipment to indian company
IOF, can't make even make a decent pistol and secondly, private players will not come in and set up shop in any significant way unless the Indian government liberalizes civilian firearms licensing and allow private players to service that market as they can't have any significant ROI just selling to the government.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Initially they started with refusing sales to J&K police, UP police, Gujarat police, Odisha police, Chhattisgarh police and BSF. Later they stopped all sales to India completely. Over alleged human rights violations.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
IOF, can't make even make a decent pistol and secondly, private players will not come in and set up shop in any significant way unless the Indian government liberalizes civilian firearms licensing and allow private players to service that market as they can't have any significant ROI just selling to the government.
महोदय थोड़ा आसानभाषा में कहें ।

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Indian ordanace factory , ya bhartiya ayudh nirmani ek achi pistaul nai bana sakti hai , niji ayudh nirmata, tab tak hathiyar nai banayenge jab tak sarkar civilian ko hathiyar ke license issue karne me dheel na de, kyu ki agar aisa hua tab ek bada arms market panaputhega .
Niji ayudh nirmata kewal sarkari contract par shasshatra sena ko hi hathiyar bech kar apna munafa nai kama sakte

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
SSSD can’t do anything if Army isn’t supportive, look at them, their Snipers are on “trial” for so long, not even inducted yet, this aatmanirbhar bharat, foreign maal ke liye ye kaise kutto ki ladte hai sabko pata hai MoD me.

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
SSSD can’t do anything if Army isn’t supportive, look at them, their Snipers are on “trial” for so long, not even inducted yet, this aatmanirbhar bharat, foreign maal ke liye ye kaise kutto ki ladte hai sabko pata hai MoD me.
Please don't say like this we have recently inducted jvpc and now the trials of asmi are going to take place ( this very fast approval for trial )

Spindrift

basically what @Maharaj samudragupt said: 👇

Indian ordanace factory , ya bhartiya ayudh nirmani ek achi pistaul nai bana sakti hai , niji ayudh nirmata, tab tak hathiyar nai banayenge jab tak sarkar civilian ko hathiyar ke license issue karne me dheel na de, kyu ki agar aisa hua tab ek bada arms market panaputhega .
Niji ayudh nirmata kewal sarkari contract par shasshatra sena ko hi hathiyar bech kar apna munafa nai kama sakte
IOF stands for Indian Ordnance Factories this is a PSU that makes firearms and they are quite bad at that and its general belief that their quality control consists of drunk monkeys and ROI stands for "return on investment"

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Please don't say like this we have recently inducted jvpc and now the trials of asmi are going to take place ( this very fast approval for trial )
So? Won’t change the fact that we are not going aatmanirbhar, ASMI was made by a soldier so got some due respect, JVPC was procured for PDW roles. Instead of supporting SSSD, they are napping.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
That goes not only for one company, but all Indian companies equally due to lack of funding for overall Indian Army
This is 2020-21 budget for IA
Screenshot_20210413_001107.jpg

Screenshot_20210413_001123.jpg

This is for overall modernization!
Screenshot_20210413_001050.jpg

Pretty much IA or overall Armed Forces are screwed for the full year due to severe budget constraints.
It is also affecting AF-SOD too equally!!
Screenshot_20210412_235329.jpg

Screenshot_20210412_235346.jpg

Screenshot_20210412_235358.jpg

Screenshot_20210412_235410.jpg

Screenshot_20210412_235421.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles