Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Sir, what do you mean by "how good they would be in subtropical jungles and mountains with dense secondary undergrowth"? Wouldn't the weak noise amplification and simultaneous loud noise reduction be useful everywhere?
Well in a jungle environment even green berets opt for a boonie hat without comtacs, so who knows.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
Sir, what do you mean by "how good they would be in subtropical jungles and mountains with dense secondary undergrowth"? Wouldn't the weak noise amplification and simultaneous loud noise reduction be useful everywhere?
Wearing it and walking in thick jungles, brushing past all the undergrowth, walking when its raining, walking when your body is sweating like hell( the ears being the thermal regulators). As I have mentioned earlier- reading science in the books and it's application on the ground is very different.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Wearing it and walking in thick jungles, brushing past all the undergrowth, walking when its raining, walking when your body is sweating like hell( the ears being the thermal regulators). As I have mentioned earlier- reading science in the books and it's application on the ground is very different.
I mentioned the same to a member here that COMTACs etc. are for Urban Warfare.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
This is a typical fauji attitude that you can come across if you are working with ex faujis in your profession.

Make a imaginary union of ex faujis and think about yourself.

Why would you want NSG to not be all Police in the first place in the next 20 years?

Why not focus on Special Forces command and leave NSG with the Police.

Aur itna Action ka chaska he toh Cobra mein bhi deploy ho jao.

Per nhi us time bolenge let the police fight there we have resources issues.

Look at the pathetic state of affairs of military SF modernisation.

And if you are thinking they are worried about standards ..Ghanta..they want a sweet peace deployment thats it.

I know i will offend a lot with this view..but i have stopped giving a fuck.

Killbot

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, do Para SF units train with each other? For example 11, 12, and 21 operate in the same theater, so each unit's experiences might be useful to the others.. And what is your opinion about the new selection procedure? Has it been implemented?

Sorry for the number of questions. It isn't everyday (well, it is now) that one gets to talk to a former service member, that to of the Special Forces.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Voila, you folks know it all from the pics it seems.😁
Yes sir, and the rest of ACOGs are with North East Police Forces especially Arunachal Police Commandos and the majority part remaining in NSG.

I feel you’ll prefer an LPVO over an ACOG right sir?

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, do Para SF units train with each other? For example 11, 12, and 21 operate in the same theater, so each unit's experiences might be useful to the others.. And what is your opinion about the new selection procedure? Has it been implemented?

Sorry for the number of questions. It isn't everyday (well, it is now) that one gets to talk to a former service member, that to of the Special Forces.
People in the SF community do train with each other. It happens across the world.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
Where do you stand in terms of your knowledge when compared to a western guy? Why are you people so obsessed with comparisons? Not everything is relative. We are much better than what we were a decade back and we are getting better. But yes, the fact is that the speed of modernisation is appalling.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Where do you stand in terms of your knowledge when compared to a western guy? Why are you people so obsessed with comparisons? Not everything is relative. We are much better than what we were a decade back and we are getting better. But yes, the fact is that the speed of modernisation is appalling.
Sir we don’t doubt our SF. We are only concerned with the pace of modernisation as whenever I open Reddit it smh that even small and poor countries have a very well modernised SF.

I hope AFSOD becomes top of the line SF of India.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
Sir we have no doubt on our SF and their experiences they are most experienced SF operator in world but technology also plays a critical role like combat medic kits and all
I also like to add that Major Jacob said parachute we got are of poor qualities which are made by OFBs

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles