Indian Special Forces

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
View attachment 84344View attachment 84345
He says that the given Col was CO during 2016 Surgical strikes, is he right cause I till now knew Col Sandhu was CO.
And secondly he says only 4 para sf and 9 para sf teams participated, but didn't Lt Gen DS Hooda say that some Ghatak troops also participated.
Can someone ask him to clear this as I am not on Instagram
Anyone asked him on Instagram?

Ind.Operator

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir ever felt the need of comtacs while hunting ? I heard that the comtacs were on trial but operators said " jama ni" , they say that these all are fancy sh!t we have everything which we require for our ops and never effected our efficency , would be obliged if you share your views on this,
these nibbaris keep crying over these fancy sh!t

ManhattanProject

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir ever felt the need of comtacs while hunting ? I heard that the comtacs were on trial but operators said " jama ni" , they say that these all are fancy sh!t we have everything which we require for our ops and never effected our efficency , would be obliged if you share your views on this,
They probably dont care about the hearing damage. Western countries are more conserned with their health, in india its all chalta hai dekha jayega.

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
What I type now is absolutely my view. Comtacs could be very successful in BUAs, where the need for being mobile is limited, also the vagaries of nature are restricted too. At the same time, I doubt how good they would be in subtropical jungles and mountains with dense secondary undergrowth. Also remember the SPECIAL FORCES are supposed to have an array of equipment profile each customised for a particular template. One concept or one stock pile of equipment can't suffice the requirements everywhere.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
What I type now is absolutely my view. Comtacs could be very successful in BUAs, where the need for being mobile is limited, also the vagaries of nature are restricted too. At the same time, I doubt how good they would be in subtropical jungles and mountains with dense secondary undergrowth. Also remember the SPECIAL FORCES are supposed to have an array of equipment profile each customised for a particular template. One concept or one stock pile of equipment can't suffice the requirements everywhere.
Sir how would you compare having M4A1 SOPMOD Block-1
1617898477338.jpeg

or CQBR?
1617898542642.jpeg

Underground Soldier

Country flag
Sir are the officers of one unit transferred to another unit in SF? One Officer lt. Col. Solanki of 4 para was transferred to 12 para SF.

mupper

Country flag
1. Do we have an atmosphere where our small arms tactics/drills evolve from time to time.
2. What sort of a sniper culture do we have in the SF.
3. How good/bad are our night fighting capabilities.
4. Many on this forum have said that there is a need to separate the PARA SF from the Parachute Regiment in order to ensure better usage of our SF. What are his views on this.
5. 9 Para SF has trained with other countries SF who have better equipment than us, so after so many exercises why are there minimal upgrades, is it the senior leadership which is mainly from the infantry or is it the MOD babus/politicians or there is a resistance to change from the force itself.
6. His choice of weapon (assault rifle).
7. And lastly if he can share any experience.

@AVINASH4061 sir what are your views on the first 4 points
Some of these questions swing awfully close to TTP&C and you probably shouldn't be asking them.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Sir, what do you mean by "how good they would be in subtropical jungles and mountains with dense secondary undergrowth"? Wouldn't the weak noise amplification and simultaneous loud noise reduction be useful everywhere?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles