Indian Special Forces

armyofhind

Country flag
Please explain further.
@abingdonboy your take?
Most of it is covered by what others have already said bro.

For one, I'm not really sure about which radio that is, but it's pretty obvious that the radio cannot be bought off the shelf by the operator himself... So it could be an indication that such radios are entering service with Indian SOF.

It seems like one of those PRC-152 (Looks like, I'm not really sure which one it is) SDR radios which US SOF guys have attached to the rear of their plate carriers with attachment via a PTT into their earpiece. The earpiece is still shitty, but the radio seems like a good start.

Apart from that, the plate carrier looks solid. Rides high up on the chest.. pretty contemporary... Looks lightweight and no frills as well.. so ergonomic in that sense too.

Killbot

Country flag

For one, I'm not really sure about which radio that is, but it's pretty obvious that the radio cannot be bought off the shelf by the operator himself... So it could be an indication that such radios are entering service with Indian SOF.

It seems like one of those PRC-152 (Looks like, I'm not really sure which one it is) SDR radios which US SOF guys have attached to the rear of their plate carriers with attachment via a PTT into their earpiece. The earpiece is still shitty, but the radio seems like a good start.

Apart from that, the plate carrier looks solid. Rides high up on the chest.. pretty contemporary... Looks lightweight and no frills as well.. so ergonomic in that sense too.
Yeah. I thought that was an SDR too. That is the most important part of the guy's kit..

Love your new signature..

Fire and groove

Country flag

I think the real meat of procurement would be Peltors, these rigs and LRP rigs, dedicated and advanced transportation assets (highly important), specialized equipment (Jammers, SOFLAM/ other laser target designators (highly important), NVGs/Thermals (Highly important). The cherry on top would be versatile rifles like CAR-816 or at least the P-72 (it's far more versatile than anything Kalashnikov can throw at us) and rifle accessories like all kinds of grips, suppressors (preferably SOCOM556 SB2/MINI2 because they're excellent) for a standard issue 5.56 rifle with Mk-262 mod 1 ammunition which is an excellent round (especially for special operations). We also need a 300blk rifle if we ever get a tier 1 urban unit, NSG should be on top of it right now along with peltors and NVGs.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I think the real meat of procurement would be Peltors, these rigs and LRP rigs, dedicated and advanced transportation assets (highly important), specialized equipment (Jammers, SOFLAM/ other laser target designators (highly important), NVGs/Thermals (Highly important). The cherry on top would be versatile rifles like CAR-816 or at least the P-72 (it's far more versatile than anything Kalashnikov can throw at us) and rifle accessories like all kinds of grips, suppressors (preferably SOCOM556 SB2/MINI2 because they're excellent) for a standard issue 5.56 rifle with Mk-262 mod 1 ammunition which is an excellent round (especially for special operations). We also need a 300blk rifle if we ever get a tier 1 urban unit, NSG should be on top of it right now along with peltors and NVGs.
How about 458 SOCOM for Kashmir ops? RR would love it ❤.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Found this article by Lt Gen P C Katoch, pretty insightful on what actually needs to be done to reduce the budget. If we were to follow through (which I highly doubt we will), I'd would do us so much good if we invested all of the new funds into our special operations or for developing two full-fledged premiere urban warfare training centers for conventional and special operations...

Killbot

Country flag
Found this article by Lt Gen P C Katoch, pretty insightful on what actually needs to be done to reduce the budget. If we were to follow through (which I highly doubt we will), I'd would do us so much good if we invested all of the new funds into our special operations or for developing two full-fledged premiere urban warfare training centers for conventional and special operations...
We will adopt a structure similar to integrated brigades after the tri service commands become operational.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
UK is doing something awkward...

what can we do ???

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Is this the place for this discussion?
In some ways yes because our Special Forces need modernisation and a big part of resources get relocated to other areas, Britain is doing something interesting here...

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
The radio is what stands out the most here, that is a military grade, potentially, SDR

Yeah the uniform is unconventional and I wouldn’t associate it with any PARA SF btn.

I would be surprised to learn this is a ‘vanilla’ SF operator
Screenshot_20210307-223748~3.png

Aegis888

Country flag
This meme sums up shifu ji.

View attachment 80654
Jokes aside, this was a legit tactic used during the medieval period against heavily armored foes. Not much thrust could be generated to pierce through steel armor and if Mace or Warhammer was not available, then this technique called Half Swording was used.
But I do concur with your point about Shifuji. he is definitely a joke.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Jokes aside, this was a legit tactic used during the medieval period against heavily armored foes. Not much thrust could be generated to pierce through steel armor and if Mace or Warhammer was not available, then this technique called Half Swording was used.
But I do concur with your point about Shifuji. he is definitely a joke.
He is faker than a deepfake p**n.wonder who believes in him and wonder why are casualties are high...

Global Defence

Articles