Indian Special Forces

Scramjet

Country flag
Afaik, op Sarp Vinash was conducted by an ad-hoc task force right?
Yes, they were locals of hill kaka bowl (pir panjal) whose villages were infested with paki terrorists....the task force was called special group 3, raised by jkp sog and weapons were provided by the northern command and jkp aswell....9 para had a huge role in sarp vinash.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Terminal velocity is one thing and force is another. The amount of force it generates is enough to rip right through a car roof, is what I've heard. Also, these screws are much heavier than your average 2mm screws. And i was just making an analogy. Yeah, bullets will have a higher velocity, as they will fall from a higher altitude.
Look, i dont mean to insult you but i dont think you understand what terminal velocity is.
A normal screw wont have the momentum to cause any harm.
The velocity of the bullet has nothing to do with the altitude, its to do with the parabolic path it takes due to gravity.
Anyways this is not the place for this conversation.

Killbot

Country flag
Look, i dont mean to insult you but i dont think you understand what terminal velocity is.
A normal screw wont have the momentum to cause any harm.
The velocity of the bullet has nothing to do with the altitude, its to do with the parabolic path it takes due to gravity.
Anyways this is not the place for this conversation.
Yup. Not my strongest suit..

Aspirant847

Country flag
Yup. Not my strongest suit..
basically there's a limit to the speed of a falling object. You can throw a coin from any height possible it's speed won't go over the terminal velocity. I think objects get destroyed if they move past their terminal velocity or something. That's how fidget spinners break after gaining too much speed from outside stimulus

Fire and groove

Country flag
An interesting and old video I found on the inter-web a long time back regarding the parachute regiment (regulars). It's pretty damn old but the solo room clearing is something I've not seen elsewhere. Also the video is a hell of a lot less obnoxious than the new stuff we get these days:

EternalNxg

Country flag

everything i hate about armed forces summed up in one tweet. this senior officer ego is nauseating.
No need to worry
As of 2019 NCOs jcos and other non commissioned soldiers can become commissioned as officers in the Indian army. One of my brother's friend is now a captain due to this, he joined thru the yearly selection for soldiers.

Fire and groove

Country flag
No need to worry
As of 2019 NCOs jcos and other non commissioned soldiers can become commissioned as officers in the Indian army. One of my brother's friend is now a captain due to this, he joined thru the yearly selection for soldiers.
JCOs should be given more tactical influence on the battlefield, officers should be focused on the framework of the situation for the most part and their orders should be foundational in nature. JCOs should be the one's who adapt tactics to carry out the orders instead of this current system we have where the officer makes all the decisions including tactical ones and the JCO mostly relays them and carries them out.

EternalNxg

Country flag
JCOs should be given more tactical influence on the battlefield, officers should be focused on the framework of the situation for the most part and their orders should be foundational in nature. JCOs should be the one's who adapt tactics to carry out the orders instead of this current system we have where the officer makes all the decisions including tactical ones and the JCO mostly relays them and carries them out.
Yea I know that's pretty fucked up tbh
But hey look at the bright side 😃 they're now allowing them to become officers.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Yea I know that's pretty fucked up tbh
But hey look at the bright side 😃 they're now allowing them to become officers.
We don't just need more officers, we need more efficient use of our officers and we need JCOs and jawans that are adequately empowered and capable unlike right now. If we had more efficiency in role assignment we won't be facing a situation where officers are overworked and JCOs are underpowered. We also need to stop recruiting excessive number of jawans into the military. We need more more tech, not more men. In fact the number of men we have is antithetical to our operational environments (Mountains to our north/northeast and open terrain to our west). It's technology and it's numbers that improves the combat capabilities of the military as well as capability development of our human capital.)

Aspirant847

Country flag
Any good officer learns well from his JCOs, he asks for their advice and he respects them like a father. Although there are a few bad nuts everywhere

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles