Indian Special Forces

Aspirant847

Country flag
A friend of mine whose brother is officer in 1 Para SF suffered injury due to faulty OFB parachute. He suffered injuries in both neck and hands. He was lucky Subedar Major jumping along was able to save him. A paratrooper was also grievously injured in the process due to same reason. CO of Unit has officially registered complaint.

Edit: Sorry this incident happened last year. I just got to know now.
didn't major jacob also have a parachute accident?

Floydian

Country flag
When I was very young once I was having a conversation with a Mil Attache of a NATO Country's embassy. He was telling us ( abunch of 17yr old kids) about his time in Israel/Palestine.

A number of times Palestinian civilians would end up dead or injured with bullet wounds. They would blame the Israelis. Eventually they figured out that this would happen every time there was a wedding in the neighborhood.

In the wedding celebrations alot of Guns would go off. And then what goes up must come down.
Wow... Does the bullets falling back coz of the gravitational pull have enough power in it to pierce human bodies?

Killbot

Country flag
Wow... Does the bullets falling back coz of the gravitational pull have enough power in it to pierce human bodies?
Why do you think mechanics who work on really high bridges, etc take care to not even drop a screw?

Killbot

Country flag
well the terminal velocity of a small screw wont really kill anyone, but a bullet coming back down in a curved path is much faster.
Terminal velocity is one thing and force is another. The amount of force it generates is enough to rip right through a car roof, is what I've heard. Also, these screws are much heavier than your average 2mm screws. And i was just making an analogy. Yeah, bullets will have a higher velocity, as they will fall from a higher altitude.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles