Indian Special Forces

AZTEC

Country flag
I too wish for that to happen, however in terms of predicting the future I may be more pessimistic than rest. If for example you have a company that's showing 5% growth every quarter, I have no problems with saying that in 5 years, your company would grow by 100% (doubled in value). But if your company is showing very little or no growth at all, then I'll have to take it with a pinch of salt if you claim that in 5 years your company will be bigger than Reliance.

Sure you may know something about your company that I don't, but to me that comes across as wishful thinking. And believe me, I too was highly jingoistic about MOST of the things that I'm pessimistic about now back when I first started following defence issues (about ~10 years ago now).
That's a fair argument; you are entitled to your perspective.

Even I am not gaga about the state of affairs in India.
We are only doing incremental advances, not quantum leaps, I must say.
But I see a LIKELYHOOD of these incremental advances adding up to something substantial during our own lifetime. I expect that graph to compound exponentially, not grow linearly.

And I can base this argument of mine using history and economics.

Let's talk about this someday somewhere else.

Last edited:

Unknownwarrior

Country flag
Can anyone tell me why para dosent use comtacs..... I don't think they are that much expensive.... And also.... Their plate carrier.... Why they still use old one used by regulars... Even regulars are getting new ones.... Then why do they still use older.... Also.... Do the government plans to buy them these goods.... Or nothing is being done.... And what about the lgb designators used by world SF.... Do we use and if no.... Any future plan to buy such things

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Can anyone tell me why para dosent use comtacs..... I don't think they are that much expensive.... And also.... Their plate carrier.... Why they still use old one used by regulars... Even regulars are getting new ones.... Then why do they still use older.... Also.... Do the government plans to buy them these goods.... Or nothing is being done.... And what about the lgb designators used by world SF.... Do we use and if no.... Any future plan to buy such things
Comtacs are present with SF but in limited numbers, most of which are brought by the army commanders funds. They are receiving new PC, armasen pc, but that again imo is brought from commanders funds. The main reason is there isn't a dedicated command for SF with AFSOD taking shape we can hope for the best.
As far other equipment mentioned I don't have any idea about it, but during the stand off there have been purchases by comnanders at different level, and if we go by reports all 3 SF have been deployed in Ladakh, so there is a glimmer hope that these things are thought upon as a standard issue and ordered, if it is not already.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Any thoughts on this?? No matter how much our SFs improve this will constantly be their opinion about us lol...
Screenshot_20210125_011214.jpg

Unknownwarrior

Country flag
Any thoughts on this?? No matter how much our SFs improve this will constantly be their opinion about us lol...
View attachment 74828
Are these guys mad.... Comparing CRPF qrt to US Secret Service.... Those guys have the best of the best equipment for the protection of their President.... In this case, your spg commandos are also well armed... Wearing comtacs and high cuts with molle pc doesn't makes any sense... They have proper guns sights and wold be having tacticool stuff too beacuse SG also uses it... Now coming to crpf qrt.... they just need an update in their uniforms and introduce comtacs.... otherwise they are at par with any CT unit around the world... just a change in guns and uniform along with comtacs needed..... Their equipment would be at par with even GIGN and GSG 9.... they are currently at par with yamam and fsb.... Now I would love to see NSG in this gear....all black with those high cuts comtacs bnvds and all... they would be badass....

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
View attachment 74828
Ask yourself a question, what does the Indian SF mean to u?
Is it a means to gain upvote on Reddit or some gora validation.

There is no need of posting anything there.

Apna kam Banta bhad me Zaye videshi janta.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Ask yourself a question, what does the Indian SF mean to u?
Is it a means to gain upvote on Reddit or some gora validation.

There is no need of posting anything there.

Apna kam Banta bhad me Zaye videshi janta.
Reddit is full of idiots who think they can hide behind the screen and say anything. There is a lot of hate there.

Scramjet

Country flag
I'm aware that PARA SF is using jumpable plate carriers and comtacs as well, not the ones that JSOC guys use

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles