Indian Special Forces

Spindrift

And what about training? Can you give me some recommendations for the knife? I'm a noob wrt knives.
If you get a folder, practice deploying the knife i.e. taking it out of your pocket the opening the blade.
I have a tool logic folder, a victorinox hunter pro and boker urban survival and if were to recommend one, I would recommend a boker knife, a Boker Plus Kwaiken Mini Titan Flapper or a boker plus kyoto for EDC

Also for training you can check out videos from Tactical Rifleman channel on youtube.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
If you get a folder, practice deploying the knife i.e. taking it out of your pocket the opening the blade.
I have a tool logic folder, a victorinox hunter pro and boker urban survival and if were to recommend one, I would recommend a boker knife, a Boker Plus Kwaiken Mini Titan Flapper or a boker plus kyoto for EDC

Also for training you can check out videos from Tactical Rifleman channel on youtube.
i thought this was a special forces thread, not a casual chitchat thing.

abingdonboy

Country flag
@abingdonboy the happiest person right now.
That it’s been bought by an Indian user and is in service his HUGE for sure

I’ll be happy when I see it becoming standard issue on NSG, then as mentioned above all they need are COMTACS and they are basically on par with the top CT units of the world equipment wise (they’ll continue to get stuff here and there like tactical belts and integrated knee pads)

The only concern I have is that the NSG don’t seem to focus too highly on night fighting, I’ve never seen any of their operators with IR illuminators

it’s strange because otherwise NSG is a very modern and innovative unit these days and is always bringing in new capabilities

ManhattanProject

Country flag
That it’s been bought by an Indian user and is in service his HUGE for sure

I’ll be happy when I see it becoming standard issue on NSG, then as mentioned above all they need are COMTACS and they are basically on par with the top CT units of the world equipment wise (they’ll continue to get stuff here and there like tactical belts and integrated knee pads)

The only concern I have is that the NSG don’t seem to focus too highly on night fighting, I’ve never seen any of their operators with IR illuminators

it’s strange because otherwise NSG is a very modern and innovative unit these days and is always bringing in new capabilities
it is weird, because i feel they are the guys who most train with proper special forces.
Its funny watching marcos train with Royal marines and russian marines.
our version of nay seals training with marines.😆

EternalNxg

Country flag
it is weird, because i feel they are the guys who most train with proper special forces.
Para SF training with green berets is common
NSG trains with gsg 9 and gign too. There's a pic of an NSG team at the gsg and gign headquarters.
@Unknowncommando 2 I believe there's a pic in which a para SF or a Marcos personal is posing next to a navy seal in camo

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Para SF training with green berets is common
NSG trains with gsg 9 and gign too. There's a pic of an NSG team at the gsg and gign headquarters.
@Unknowncommando 2 I believe there's a pic in which a para SF or a Marcos personal is posing next to a navy seal in camo
And also
I have seen many pictures of Marcos, veterans and otherwise, sporting the navy seal trident

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I think the men in URI were actually trained in some manner by veterans
That nsg ott series as well, but they keep finding innovative ways to fuck up the stories which have excellent theatrical value
But with all due respect, it is just a stepping stone for the Bollywood industry, give it time to mature
Yes they were, you should checkout URI bloopers.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Yes they were, you should checkout URI bloopers.
Yes...

But

The technical inconsistencies and sheer jingo vibes are slapped right on your fuckin face by the movie
I believe Bollywood has to focus less on jingoism and more on Technicalities
Like they did in zero dark thirty, Excellent movie

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yes...

But

The technical inconsistencies and sheer jingo vibes are slapped right on your fuckin face by the movie
Our SF don't have quality equipment and that's a reality, I've heard some SF battallions are still using AK-47s as primary weapon.

Gessler

Country flag
Yes...

But

Sir, end of the day Bollywood is a product of Indian society. Look at comments on many military picture streams on facebook, instagram etc. what do we see? 75% are jingoistic comments, 25% are PUBG commandos wondering why Para SFs aren't putting 4x scopes on their 'M416s' and saying SCAR is better than M416 because its stats are higher in the game.

And these 25% are also from a very young demographic, and those of older demographics (old enough to be filmmakers or producers) can only connect to the jingoism. And there is nil gun community in civilian circles so they don't even have an avenue for acquisition of knowledge from other sources.

Not to mention that military portrayals in Indian cinema are still at Rambo levels, at that time Hollywood too was nothing but a jingo-fest. And we are typically 20-30 years behind the West in most things, and unfortunately it'll be true in filmmaking as well.

If our space movies like Mangalyaan cannot hold a candle to something like Martian from a technical perspective, we really can't expect our military/SF-themed movies to hold a candle to likes of ZDT either can we?

--

That said, I am in early stages of working on what I hope to be a web-series themed around a PMC floated by R&AW. If it manages to go on to the floors, on my part I'd do my best to maintain a high level of technical accuracy with regard to equipment & tactics from a production standpoint.

Killbot

Country flag
That said, I am in early stages of working on what I hope to be a web-series themed around a PMC floated by R&AW. If it manages to go on to the floors, on my part I'd do my best to maintain a high level of technical accuracy with regard to equipment & tactics from a production standpoint
I have thought about how this would be in real life over and over. To the point of fantasizing. I wish you the absolute best of luck.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
That said, I am in early stages of working on what I hope to be a web-series themed around a PMC floated by R&AW. If it manages to go on to the floors, on my part I'd do my best to maintain a high level of technical accuracy with regard to equipment & tactics from a production standpoint.
Wooahhhh
All the best 👍👍👍

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
--

You the man.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yeah that’s something that has never made much sense to me but I guess these decisions are made at a HQ level and as India doesn’t have an equivalent marine infantry force they just send MARCOs which is a bit demeaning to them but you see SEALS training with foreign VBSS units sometimes so it happens.

NSG is definitely the most exposed to global units of any other unit in India, I wonder what the extent of the cross-training is though. Do they do much more than a few table exercises and then some basic room intervention training?

looking at the kind of CT exercises European CT units do with each other (often with US) which are full complex scenarios I think there’s likely scope to ramp things up and I think the trajectory is in that direction. Just a few years back NSG started to train with ODAs (not sure if they were CIF guys)

Would be good if India started hosting something like the annual warrior competitions that Jordan hosts at JOTC (and NSG have attended), they could do this at Manesar given the extensive training infrastructure there. Get all the top Western and regional CT units there and run a couple weeks of ever more complex exercises and drills

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles