Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
FN bastards refused to sell scar h and p90 to sff that what killbot is referring to
SG already uses FN guns . Scar L/H orders are going out for SF I believe. Anyways why begrudge an independent private company of their affairs. Either way we were never going to buy FN for the entire army.

The bigger shame is that a country / economy as large as India's we are still dependent on outsiders. Instead of holding on to ego and pointing at others let's spend our energy fixing our own shit first

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
SG already uses FN guns . Scar L/H orders are going out for SF I believe. Anyways why begrudge an independent private company of their affairs. Either way we were never going to buy FN for the entire army.

The bigger shame is that a country / economy as large as India's we are still dependent on outsiders. Instead of holding on to ego and pointing at others let's spend our energy fixing our own shit first
SSS Defence is also stupid, instead of making an AR-15 and AK-47 pattern rifles, were busy copying less used designs like that of CZ BREN.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Why are two different uniforms for the CRPF? The one behind looks like Garud's. So is there no standardization of uniforms between the different special units?
COBRA fights in Jungles so MARPAT camo
QAT fights in urban environments so UCP camo.

Killbot

Country flag
Why are two different uniforms for the CRPF? The one behind looks like Garud's. So is there no standardization of uniforms between the different special units?
CoBRA. They all use woodland MARPAT, while valley QRT guys use UCP. It is standardized. In fact, CRPF as a whole is very well standardised.

armyofhind

Country flag
Very nice. I tried my hands on Thai Boxing for a year or so but then had to leave town for my job and well, that was it. Thinking of starting over once this COVID situation settles a bit.

On a lighter note, the best martial art, in my opinion, is parkour. I know it may sound odd but think about it for a moment - if you can just gtfo, you've won. I mean, no amount of unarmed combat training is gonna help in a street fight against multiple opponents who would likely be armed with knives and shit.

It's better than jerking off if I'm to go by personal experience.
OT, but what're you gonna do if its a basement parking lot or an elevator?

That said, if you wanna learn unarmed combat against knives and multiple opponents, no one single art is gonna do it.

Kali is the most relevant against or with weapons, a mix of street oriented BJJ and PFS/RAT/JKD will do the rest.

Self Defense wise, de-escalation is the best bet. My Shifu always says, if you have the time to argue or fight, you have the time to remove yourself from the situation. Fighting should only be the resort when every other option has been exhausted.

Being prepared also helps. I have a punch dagger on me at all times whenever I'm outside.

Killbot

Country flag
OT, but what're you gonna do if its a basement parking lot or an elevator?

That said, if you wanna learn unarmed combat against knives and multiple opponents, no one single art is gonna do it.

Kali is the most relevant against or with weapons, a mix of street oriented BJJ and PFS/RAT/JKD will do the rest.

Self Defense wise, de-escalation is the best bet. My Shifu always says, if you have the time to argue or fight, you have the time to remove yourself from the situation. Fighting should only be the resort when every other option has been exhausted.

Being prepared also helps. I have a punch dagger on me at all times whenever I'm outside.
Kali is good, but only if you know exactly what you're doing. And like you said, it is a mix of many systems.

Multiple armed opponents? No amount of martial arts or anything gonna save you. Diffuse the situation, or you're dead.

In a basement or elevator, or anywhere there is very less space, it is just not possible to fight an armed opponent. Same as previous paragraph.

I'm thinking of getting a knife.. What do you recommend? Folding or fixed blade is fine. As long as it us well concealable. And of course, I intend to learn the basics of Kali.

armyofhind

Country flag
Kali is good, but only if you know exactly what you're doing. And like you said, it is a mix of many systems.

Multiple armed opponents? No amount of martial arts or anything gonna save you. Diffuse the situation, or you're dead.

In a basement or elevator, or anywhere there is very less space, it is just not possible to fight an armed opponent. Same as previous paragraph.

I'm thinking of getting a knife.. What do you recommend? Folding or fixed blade is fine. As long as it us well concealable. And of course, I intend to learn the basics of Kali.
Kali will give you the ground work on weapons, edged and impact both.

Except a gun, nothing is gonna save you completely. But you can learn to fight long, or effectively enough to create an opportunity to escape. Proper Krav Maga schools, and PFS, teach exactly that.

Heard of Wing Chun? The entire system is based on fighting in extremely tight quarters. Same with the Pangamut and Dumog one learns in Kali.
JKD/PFS teaches fighting in all ranges.. but from personal experience, the real fun starts when you're inside punching range. Most people have some idea what to do from afar, very few know what to do up close, or on the ground.
You can learn to fight in almost any situation, inside a car even, if need be, depends on the kind of teacher you have and the system you're learning.

I wouldnt advise fighting anywhere though, just being prepared.

I would not advise a folder, unless it's the quick deploying Karambit types which open as you pull them out. FOX Knives has a few models, but they're a little expensive and not available in India.

I carry a fixed blade push dagger - its a Cold Steel Safemaker 2. You use it as an extension of your punch, so you can put all your force behind it if need be. It's a whacky looking knife, not commonly seen. Essentially its a miniaturized version of the Rajput Katar.

There's only been one occasion I've had to pull it out, and the guy preferred backing away once he saw it.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-23 at 12.44.45 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-23 at 12.41.05 AM.jpeg

Spindrift

For EDC get a folder, make sure that the blade width does not exceed 3 inches.

Killbot

Country flag
Kali will give you the ground work on weapons, edged and impact both.

Except a gun, nothing is gonna save you completely. But you can learn to fight long, or effectively enough to create an opportunity to escape. Proper Krav Maga schools, and PFS, teach exactly that.

Heard of Wing Chun? The entire system is based on fighting in extremely tight quarters. Same with the Pangamut and Dumog one learns in Kali.
JKD/PFS teaches fighting in all ranges.. but from personal experience, the real fun starts when you're inside punching range. Most people have some idea what to do from afar, very few know what to do up close, or on the ground.
You can learn to fight in almost any situation, inside a car even, if need be, depends on the kind of teacher you have and the system you're learning.

I wouldnt advise fighting anywhere though, just being prepared.

I would not advise a folder, unless it's the quick deploying Karambit types which open as you pull them out. FOX Knives has a few models, but they're a little expensive and not available in India.

I carry a fixed blade push dagger - its a Cold Steel Safemaker 2. You use it as an extension of your punch, so you can put all your force behind it if need be. It's a whacky looking knife, not commonly seen. Essentially its a miniaturized version of the Rajput Katar.

There's only been one occasion I've had to pull it out, and the guy preferred backing away once he saw it.

View attachment 74627View attachment 74628
Agreed. Except for Wing Chun. It is like Karate, you can only use certain aspects of it in conjunction with something more versatile.

It is best incorporated in the likes of JKD.

When the fight gets within punching range, a mix of Muay Thai clinch work and Greco-Roman comes into play. Have you seen UFC legend Randy Couture fight? Or the Diaz Brothers. A real unarmed fight could go down like one of their fights.

We should create a thread for this stuff, it is getting really off topic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles