Indian Special Forces

Killbot

Country flag
But was FN ever in contention? What do they have that is in the similar price point ?
The Sig-716 is, for all practical purposes, going to fulfill the same role as SCAR-17, that is, a patrol rifle for long range engagements. And the SCAR is overpriced and FN is doing the usual euro hooman rights drama, hence the post. The fact that FN does not have anything that can match the Sig in terms of price and modularity also reinforces my point.

Killbot

Country flag
Don't worry
India is getting the American variant of scar for para sf
Scar H
Scar L
And a few beretts
That is a reason to be worried actually. I wouldn't want our guys within a mile of that overpriced junk. Plus, SEALs are dropping them and picking up run of the mill M4 SOPMOD Block 2s, as they are proving to jam frequently in high altitude. I really hope good sense prevails with Para SF.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
That is a reason to be worried actually. I wouldn't want our guys within a mile of that overpriced junk. Plus, SEALs are dropping them and picking up run of the mill M4 SOPMOD Block 2s, as they are proving to jam frequently in high altitude. I really hope good sense prevails with Para SF.
SCAR apparently also has issues with optics mounting. The picatinny rails on top of the receiver experiences vibrations which damages the optics. Hence not any COTS optics can be mounted on SCAR, it requires special optics.

So within foreign options HK-416 with be better alternative.

Though I think P-72 SSS Defence, or Sig 550 style ARDE/OFB carbines (which will surely develop into a family of weapons), or Indra series from Astr defence or even some design from Lt. Col Bansod will be for good for the long run.

Killbot

Country flag
Looks like CRPF inducted quad Tube nods and will showcase it in Republic day parade.
View attachment 74571

Wondering when Para SF will induct it.
They've acquired them!!!! Someone needs to grovel at the feet of MHA Babus. Kudos to CRPF and MHA bureaucrats.

Para should look at practical stuff like this rather than problem riddled SCARs. But I guess the binocular version would be more suited to Para SF and AFSOD. However, NSG should acquire these ASAP.

Last edited:

Killbot

Country flag
Though I think P-72 SSS Defence, or Sig 550 style ARDE/OFB carbines (which will surely develop into a family of weapons), or Indra series from Astr defence or even some design from Lt. Col Bansod will be for good for the long run.
I wish Indian manufacturers would work on a SSP based AR-15 system. I dont think they should pursue LSP. Something along the likes of HK-433 (which is not anything to do with an AR-15, but well...). Or even HK-416 for starters.

Phantom sierra

Country flag
They've acquired them!!!! Someone needs to grovel at the feet of MHA Babus. Kudos to CRPF and MHA bureaucrats.

Para should look at practical stuff like this rather than problem riddled SCARs. But I guess the binocular version would be more suited to Para SF and AFSOD. However, NSG should acquire these ASAP.
I guess NSG will be next on the list since it's undergoing a modernization spree and also under the MHA the only thing left then would be good comtacs , does any indian company produce them locally?

Killbot

Country flag
I guess NSG will be next on the list since it's undergoing a modernization spree and also under the MHA the only thing left then would be good comtacs , does any indian company produce them locally?
Not that I know of. Most likely, we'll import PELTORs..

operatorgrumby

Country flag
Looks like CRPF inducted quad Tube nods and will showcase it in Republic day parade.
View attachment 74571

Wondering when Para SF will induct it.
wilcox-night-vision-mounts-gsgm-front.png

What's the mounting system they are using here, if by chance anybody here acknowledged with???

It looks like something, which extends the NODs quite far off the helmet unlike the DPAM/GSGM mount by Wilcox.... This may actually make the NODs wobble a little more than usual, rather than those mounts while the operator deaccelerates rapidly due to the sheer weight of these Quad Tubes.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles