Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Paras look like a ragtag bunch
take the tavors/M4s our of their hands and there’s no chance any of us would be able to pick them out as the most elite operators in the Indian army

Even the RR here all have ACHs whilst the SF guys (bar one) all have patkas

RR even seems to have better boots than the PARAs? How does this happen??

Beyond pathetic

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
What we saw with the CRPF-QAT soldier was the BNVD-P Quad Tube NVG with its lens covered in the front, like this worthless babu wearing it
Screenshot_20210115_001300.jpg

and this Army Officer getting showing with the lid cover on the lens
Screenshot_20210115_001222.jpg

Now here's a closer picture where the NVG without the lens cover
Screenshot_20210115_001158.jpg

abingdonboy

Country flag
Marine Commando with a K9
View attachment 73709
Exercise Sea Vigil
Very interesting, didn’t know that MARCOs used MWD/K9s

This must be a BD/EOD tech as labs would only be used for explosive sniffing I imagine. They aren’t an assault dog and there’s little other use for them to a SF unit.

wonder if this is a new capability that MARCOs are working on and if they will be looking to field assault dogs like GSD or Belgian Malonois in the future as PARA (SF) have recently started doing (I imagine with inputs from NSG). GSD/BM can also be multipurpose and can be used for sniffing too, afaik BMs are used for explosive detection by COBRAs and in US SOFs most of their BMs are multi purpose- assault and sniffers

abingdonboy

Country flag
NSG ‘black cat’ commandos rehearse for Republic Day 2021 parade
Pretty surprised that they aren't using any high cuts, they've got them in limited quantities I guess but I assumed that this was the next substantial update they would make across the force not just limited to a few frontline teams.

I guess there's no rush to get them from NSG's POV if they aren't going to get COMTACs anytime soon.

What it surprising if how prevalent the MPXs are becoming considering there was a tender for a 1000 more MP-5A3s last year from them

Now have to see what kind of plate carriers they'll have on the day, hopefully they are the light-weight low-profile type that 26 SCG has showcased recently

Other than that, nothing particularly new since the last time they participated in R-day (2018?)

Hopefully they get some of those TONBO quad tube NVGs ASAP

Narendra s rawat

Country flag
Sir, thank you for your post but I would recommend you / mods delete it. There is too much information in the post of troop movements / hangouts specially in their downtime. Lets maintain basic OPSEC here for the sake of them and their families.

Hope you don't take it the wrong way.
Sir I have deleted my post but content of that post is still visible in your post.
Can you hide or delete the part of my post from your post #976.

Killbot

Country flag
Bro

If SFF is not a SF according to you then what is NSG?

(asking since you commented two times on my SFF post)
NSG is a counter terrorist unit. Hence, it could be classified as SF. Their counterparts are GIGN (France), GSG-9 (Germany), etc. But SFF, the best way to describe them would be airborne light infantry. Same as US Army 75th Ranger Regiment. They are not SOF. Think of them as Para (Airborne) on steroids.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles