Indian Special Forces

JBH22

Imagine if PARA SF had this much sense/professionalism
It seems we fail to recognise that we have a deficit in training and innovation. No wonder we look like rag tag militias in K ops.
We are mostly reactive in terms of field improvements. Case to prove, only after Pakistan started its mischief with snipers that too after many casualty did army introduced sniper rifles. That too after much deliberation 😂
Another thing, we buy a relatively expensive Sig rifle for its cartridge power for long distance engagement. But the acquisition of scopes is an after thought, we are still doing trial and error on that front.

abingdonboy

Country flag
They probably hit his plate carrier, a bullet to the chest would have killed him. He probably only got injured in the arm.
If you are side on a round can go through your arm into your chest?

Either way the K/D ratio in JK continues to be pretty bad (but getting better?) better armour/tactics seem to be aiding. Operating at night would give them a better advantage of course

shouryav105

Country flag

Either way the K/D ratio in JK continues to be pretty bad (but getting better?) better armour/tactics seem to be aiding. Operating at night would give them a better advantage of course
We do have to start operating in the night as it won't be long until American NVG's make their way to Kashmir through porkis , we have already seen nvg with these terrorists, it will be horrible if they start taking advantage of the night before we get accustomed to it.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
We do have to start operating in the night as it won't be long until American NVG's make their way to Kashmir through porkis , we have already seen nvg with these terrorists, it will be horrible if they start taking advantage of the night before we get accustomed to it.
Of for phuck's sake, Stop with the DERPing meme, it was fun for a while but not anymore
Garuds have an RFI for NVGs, probably Serious about operating with even Quad tube NVGs
Marcos already operate in the valley using Dual TubesScreenshot_20220111-110630~3.png

God knows how many ops those Dual Tube wielding Marcos have been in till now, until they release info publically, we cannot know for sure

shouryav105

Country flag
Of for phuck's sake, Stop with the DERPing meme, it was fun for a while but not anymore
Garuds have an RFI for NVGs, probably Serious about operating with even Quad tube NVGs
Marcos already operate in the valley using Dual TubesView attachment 134796

God knows how many ops those Dual Tube wielding Marcos have been in till now, until they release info publically, we cannot know for sure
We do have NVG's, I never said we didn't, it seems like our sf uses NVG's as a last resort, in case they get stuck in some shit, we never use NVG's as first resort, there is difference between having them and using them primarily as an advantage, and rr also needs to be handed nvg's, sf can not be everywhere and NVG in rr are in small no, seems like you have heard of hundreds of ops taken by Marcos in nights or is it just an assumption, also I am putting my point respectful so there is no need to be a bitch about it.

Mikel

Country flag

I think last year saw the lowest casualty figures among the forces since the 90s.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
We do have NVG's, I never said we didn't, it seems like our sf uses NVG's as a last resort, in case they get stuck in some shit, we never use NVG's as first resort, there is difference between having them and using them primarily as an advantage, and rr also needs to be handed nvg's, sf can not be everywhere and NVG in rr are in small no, seems like you have heard of hundreds of ops taken by Marcos in nights or is it just an assumption, also I am putting my point respectful so there is no need to be a bitch about it.
1643550999783.png

Quit the DERP rant
It's been going on for some time, it is a retarded argument for procuring NVGs and a meme
our sf uses NVG's as a last resort, in case they get stuck in some shit, we never use NVG's as first resort,
What is using the NVGs as a first resort? Wouldn't you want every tactical advantage over the adversary? Kek, if the Para had NVGs other than PVS-7s they'd happily train with them and use it if the Op profile demands
and rr also needs to be handed nvg's, sf can not be everywhere and NVG in rr are in small no,
RR has a different mandate, they just cordone off the house and grease the targets if the ops extend into the night use floodlights
Ideally all CI/CT ops should happen under the RR umbrella for which they aren't equipped, hence everytime shit hits south they call for SF intervention

no need to be a bitch about it.
Ahh yess, flawless logic, you have proved me wrong

shouryav105

Country flag
It's been going on for some time, it is a retarded argument for procuring NVGs and a meme
Arey bhai jan , I am not talking about procurement, I am talking about using them, I have seen many interviews where the operator talks about engaging near sunrise or sunset, Instead of night ,i will send some link if i can find

What is using the NVGs as a first resort?
what I meant by that was to engage the enemy at night, instead of doing it during sunset and then using nvg if turns into prolonged combat

RR has a different mandate, they just cordone off the house and grease the targets if the ops extend into the night use floodlights
Ideally all CI/CT ops should happen under the RR umbrella for which they aren't equipped, hence everytime shit hits south they call for SF intervention
Ok sirji , you are right but nvg can still be used in rr , there is a hostage situation and our rr is waiting for surya devta to shine

Ahh yess, flawless logic, you have proved me wrong
I never said that to prove you wrong or right, I said i am being respectful, you are being bitch but you clearly decided to focus on the later and think it was part of the argument, you clearly know more , so you can share your opinion without that disrespectful pinch of sarcasm you got ,

iska comment ko stupid kehadata hun , explain krna ya smjhana ke kya jarurat hai , bejati hojygae kekekekek

armyofhind

Country flag
I dont get why do they delay the op till morning despite having night fighting capability (tho its not that great) even during the Pampore Standoff what i have read the commander wanted to delay the op till morning but they pushed through and started it in the night itself.
In the video the officer clearly mentions that when there is no time sensitive target, and no hostage taking/execution scenario, why would he want to put his team at unnecessary risk by asking them to make an entry into the house at night to flush the terrorist out, or have a firefight.

They have the resources and the time to wait it out till the tango makes a move, then why not wait it out.

It is their own area, there is no fear of attack from outside the cordon, they have the time to wait, then why will he put his team at risk.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Arey bhai jan , I am not talking about procurement, I am talking about using them, I have seen many interviews where the operator talks about engaging near sunrise or sunset, Instead of night ,i will send some link if i can find

what I meant by that was to engage the enemy at night, instead of doing it during sunset and then using nvg if turns into prolonged combat

Ok sirji , you are right but nvg can still be used in rr , there is a hostage situation and our rr is waiting for surya devta to shine

I never said that to prove you wrong or right, I said i am being respectful, you are being bitch but you clearly decided to focus on the later and think it was part of the argument, you clearly know more , so you can share your opinion without that disrespectful pinch of sarcasm you got ,

iska comment ko stupid kehadata hun , explain krna ya smjhana ke kya jarurat hai , bejati hojygae kekekekek
Just saying use NVGs is simple but the situation is alot more complex. The terrorists know you have them surrounded and know you are coming for them, they are holed up in a house and can take up positions where taking casualty will be imminent. NVGs might help but it wont matter if they know where you are going to come in from and have a superior position. For surprise raids NVGs make alot of sense, when the enemy doesnt know you are coming. I think either blasting or burning the house down is a way better tactic.

Covfefe

Country flag
Any info on if they had taken any hostages? If not, couldn't have blown up the building than risking personnel lives by flushing them out?

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Just saying use NVGs is simple but the situation is alot more complex. The terrorists know you have them surrounded and know you are coming for them, they are holed up in a house and can take up positions where taking casualty will be imminent. NVGs might help but it wont matter if they know where you are going to come in from and have a superior position. For surprise raids NVGs make alot of sense, when the enemy doesnt know you are coming. I think either blasting or burning the house down is a way better tactic.
Any info on if they had taken any hostages? If not, couldn't have blown up the building than risking personnel lives by flushing them out?
Which is usually RR Tactic
They even use a Jimmy rigged Flame thrower for the same
1643553917369.png

Strategy seem to be wait for day time , bring more forces in , simply corner terrorists into a location , blow it up or burn it down , keeping our casualities to zero.
Sf doesn't even come into picture until some hostages are within the building

shouryav105

Country flag
You are right, i was talking about having an element of surprise, I have heard of stories where they talk about going to target house and engaging during sunset while they had an element of surprise,I have heard such story from majr jacob and havildar thapa but it is possible that things have changed since they left and nvg are used if the element of surprise is present.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Happy to see that Garuds finally getting exposure to frontline conflicts and operation, although a bit less satisfied to see them used as a conventional elite troop support unit or super infantry purposes . Again . Although Garuds do have a history of being severly injured in their missions . But I guess experience will bring them into taking emergency decisions more efficiently in future . But if Garuds are pulled into the same level as that of , Para SF in terms of roles . I think Marcos is carrying out the missions which mandates as only strategic not tactical level .

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Happy to see that Garuds finally getting exposure to frontline conflicts and operation, although a bit less satisfied to see them used as a conventional elite troop support unit or super infantry purposes . Again . Although Garuds do have a history of being severly injured in their missions . But I guess experience will bring them into taking emergency decisions more efficiently in future . But if Garuds are pulled into the same level as that of , Para SF in terms of roles . I think Marcos is carrying out the missions which mandates as only strategic not tactical level .
Kek Marcos are also attached with RR

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles