Indian Special Forces

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Is it me or somebody else noticed the weird history of para sf small arms ? Normally most fire arms of 7.62x39 are in longstroke but para sf had vz 58 in short stroke for 7.62 and tavor in 5.56 in long stroke

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Following the usual trend in the next 6-7 yrs. When Army switched to 5.56 Para also did that when they had to replace the Vz. I dint specify there but i mean when replacing Tavors. because they will continue to use most of calibers imo.
Don’t think it had anything to do with the Army switching calibers IMO, they just followed world trends, when Para SF used to use VZs we had close relations with Soviet and Eastern bloc nations and IA at the time was using SLRs. Tavors came at a time when we had close relations with Israel and the West and would have happened regardless for Para SF if we did not decide to copy them again with the 5.56 NATO for INSAS for regulars, this time IA has gone against world trends, but I don’t expect Para to follow them as in the future SFs will be cooperating more with other partners and will instead stick with them (interest in SCAR H & L showed that), 7.62x39 may still be used by them like the present scenario for CI ops.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles