Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I think that’s what quite a few western armies have done with frontline infantry in the last 15 years
Yup only front line infantry require magnified optics in great numbers, the rest can do with reflex and red dot sights if they need them. Support arms needn’t require optics in great numbers but it’s better if they get some too but not for all of them.

ManhattanProject

Country flag

View attachment 114957

Guys, Tonbo Imaging has a new 5x40mm telescopic day sight🎉. Suitable for LMGs, MMGs and Battle rifles like the SIG 716.
View attachment 114958
That optic seems to be blocking the feed tray cover on that Negev..What are they going to do about that?

70081F90-1D68-4554-9654-3CFB74E54024.jpeg

Sarjen

Country flag
Let me conclude, We're raising and sending SF with ill-equipped Machineries/technologies, no dedicated transports, Low quality clothings.

And yes we always need a incident or a CAG report to find the short comings. all these long conflicts, training with Western Mil, learning the future tech and doing something by looking ahead never comes into picture... no matter who's in power either in the political circle or in military Champers..... We're doomed.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I'm literally gone offline for two weeks , and just when I return , I get a payload worth of SOF information shoved into my mouth

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Given?

The IA consumes $20 billion USD annually- that’s 3-4X the ENTIRE Pak defence budget.

the army still has the batman system and god knows what other 1700s relics

IA isn’t a fighting force for the top leaders, it is a club.
What does it say in your language - if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Batman or Sahayak system or club for senior officers work well enough that we have managed to come at top at every conflict we have been in since 1947, except 1962 which was screw up by the political leadership. Our army fought wars where fields were pretty much even and sometimes tilted against our boys, still they won.

So, believe what you want to. Our officer corps are competent bunch and the existing system makes them so. So there is no need to change the existing system.

Also, Sahayaks assist the officers in daily chores. Indian troops are not JCO or NCO run troops, but officer run troops. Officers have more work to do in an unit than their western counter parts. So, I don't find why should anyone have any problem with Batman system so long it is not affecting unit function adversely?

Global Defence

Articles