Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I'm aware, but what anyone writes in articles is irrelevant.

I was actually the first one who wrote on Twitter over a year ago that the version of SIG we seem to have bought was NOT a gas piston like the original 716G2 and instead seemed to be a DI gun. Even major reporters like Sandeep Unnithan were still saying short-stroke piston at the time.

As said before, the issues of fouling & overheating are a result of sustained fire over a long period...which like I said is impossible on this platform because of 20-round magazines.

If we had a 60-round drum or belt-fed, THEN these issues would have become more apparent.

While its true that a firearm of this calibre can make effective use of magnifiers to reach out & touch targets out to a much farther range than 5.56, it's also important that we face some simple facts...

...first off, we simply cannot afford to procure 1.4L magnifiers for all the 716s (considering we are talking of import of likes of ACOG or ELCAN Spectre as there are no good indigenous alternatives available atm). That would cost about as much as buying 1.4L more rifles if not even more.

And if fixed-power magnifiers are that expensive, you can forget about LPVOs.

Probably the best we can do is to procure a limited number of magnifiers and equip 2 riflemen from each section with them, and the rest with holographic/reflex sights.

Either way, there's nothing "jugaad" about any of this. An optic is an optic and can seriously increase the aiming time & response compared to iron sights.
this guy fired 7000 rounds through his DI gun without any kind of maintenance.
I dont think fouling is an issue anymore, overheating might be but i dont think tier 1 guys would be getting boutique ar15 rifles if they werent reliable.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Both the ADTL & OFB optics are of outdated form factors, but If it comes down to it, so be it.....but let's also keep in mind that any OFB-made equipment is the farthest thing from "affordable". Their overhead charges mean you'll be draining CAPEX just as much as a foreign kit would, just with much sh!ttier quality.
You have no option then apart from holographic sights and magnifier bundle.
You can use 5x G45 for $669 with our indigenous holographic sight costing around $1000 per rifle.
If we are indeed serious about making modern fixed power or variable sights in India , BEL should just take TOT from a reputed foreign OEM and make it here. I trust them more than OFB to deliver decent quality

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
A month back when I was at MH in Jaipur was a para sf guy just with name and para drop batch his velcro to special forces was removed ironically that guy mobile back had huge balidan image attached even a blind could see and along with that came a screen wallpaper of him in his uncut hair and beard.
These guys come out of such tough and enduring mental and physical pain but fall suspectiabpe to your Facebook and Instagram followers :bplease:
And even officers.

Reason being so much emphasis on running and physical torture of the body but very less emphasis on mental growth.

SF jawans are very ignorant about technology.

Use nhi karoge toh pay karoge.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
If we are indeed serious about making modern fixed power or variable sights in India , BEL should just take TOT from a reputed foreign OEM and make it here. I trust them more than OFB to deliver decent quality
Does Tombo, Tata Power SED, Alpha Technologies, MKU etc. have the technological capability to manufacture those indegenously?

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I actually liked her statement...We can handle physical and mental stress same as men.

In India we teach them that you are better than men which is far from being true.

Our men from Haryana,Rajasthan,Tribals are tough as nails.

How will you beat them..and when you will start doubting your training you will feel inferior.

Why not emphasise on being equal to men and lets say superior in knowledge than them.

You cannot change nature for proving something for equality..can u?

Scramjet

Country flag
SWCC operate shallow water small fast boats where larger boats are not suited for the mission that they are most known for clandestine infiltration and exfiltration of SEALs and other special operations forces.
SWCC comes under US NSWC (naval special warfare command) just like SDV teams, Seal teams and NSWDG (Devgru)
Also SWCC pipeline is totaly different and comparatively easier than Seal team pipeline

Aditya Roy

Country flag
A month back when I was at MH in Jaipur was a para sf guy just with name and para drop batch his velcro to special forces was removed ironically that guy mobile back had huge balidan image attached even a blind could see and along with that came a screen wallpaper of him in his uncut hair and beard.
These guys come out of such tough and enduring mental and physical pain but fall suspectiabpe to your Facebook and Instagram followers :bplease:
Just a few days back on Clubhouse, one soldier(who also introduced himself as a boxing champion) was openly revealing the name of his unit(under Rajput Reg) and postings, etc. He went on to share some paranormal experiences he has had during his posting near Nathu La. He received some mythical sermon from Baba Harbhajan Singh who warned him of the presence of militants nearby. He then informed his team members and the militants were successfully neutralized. And the audience was all in praise etc. etc.

P.S. All this time I was thinking since when there are militant attacks near Nathu La? :rofl: :facepalm:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Just a few days back on Clubhouse, one soldier(who also introduced himself as a boxing champion) was openly revealing the name of his unit(under Rajput Reg) and postings, etc. He went on to share some paranormal experiences he has had during his posting near Nathu La. He received some mythical sermon from Baba Harbhajan Singh who warned him of the presence of militants nearby. He then informed his team members and the militants were successfully neutralized. And the audience was all in praise etc. etc.

P.S. All this time I was thinking since when there are militant attacks near Nathu La? :rofl: :facepalm:
I have been to that temple of Baba Harbhajan Singh.There are paranormal incidents as per jawans posted there like if sentry sleeps he gets slapped by ghost etc.

But yeah there are no terrorists there.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles