Indian Special Forces

Gessler

Country flag
Yeah and I think their OPSEC standards are unlikely to be much better either.

It's unfortunate that there's no instituted way to transfer the experience & lessons learnt by raising Paras & MARCOS units into the creation of SOPs for Garuds.

The fact that we have a joint triservice training academy like NDA but as personnel go downstream from there this concept of jointness & sharing of institutional memory is lost, is painful to see.

rone

Country flag
Wouldnt this affect their identity? Most SF really try hard to never release anything about their operators but this is almost like asking for trouble
Actually not much these new recruits mostly further under go specialized training based on their skill level, more over unlike Marcos and parade SF garuds ment for air base protection search and rescue and CT ops, not like the complex task under taken by para or Marcos, so in my opinion just chill guys, in my eyes garuds pass out still in same level of opsec threat as an army officers pass out picture, also the image not HQ hard to point out any classified information.

Aditya Roy

Country flag
The GB's watering it down was mainly making SFAS a 2-week instead of a 3-week process. IIRC, they had moved it back to 3-weeks around 2009-'10.

If you talk to USMC vets, Rangers vets who served in Afghanistan when Op. Red Wings happened, you'll see an almost unanimous opinion that the SEALs screwed up big time. I used to talk to a former Ranger whose sergeant was on the team that went to search for Luttrell, and he had nothing positive to say about the op. In his sergeant's words "Luttrell came running like a b**tch the moment he saw American rescue forces approach".

Most of Lone Survivor was a nice fantasy tale with stuff that never happened - like the huge Taliban casualties, the climactic rescue scene where Mark Wahlberg has fist fights, and knife fights with Taliban combatants. Even the book has inconsistencies with the movie. In the movie, Luttrell tells his team that Killing the goat herd and his father is a bad media and they will be vilified on every news media channel. In the book, Luttrell very strongly defends his opinion that they had every right and would be totally correct to shoot the goat herd and his father.

A lot of the "How dare you criticize our military" Republican voting types ate up that whole movie left, right, center, and went orgasmic at the events shown in the movie. Little did they not realize that it seemed less real-life events and more of a US Navy sponsored propaganda piece.
Many such accounts are exaggerated. For, example the Bravo Two Zero. In reality, it was a disaster and was rightly exposed by fellow SAS Michael Asher(Ex-Para/23 SAS).

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Wouldnt this affect their identity? Most SF really try hard to never release anything about their operators but this is almost like asking for trouble
Woh GARUDS hain kuch bhi kar sakte hain
Yeah and I think their OPSEC standards are unlikely to be much better either.

It's unfortunate that there's no instituted way to transfer the experience & lessons learnt by raising Paras & MARCOS units into the creation of SOPs for Garuds.

The fact that we have a joint triservice training academy like NDA but as personnel go downstream from there this concept of jointness & sharing of institutional memory is lost, is painful to see.
If one searches properly in Instagram and other social media sites,one can find a significant number of them(serving members of the Garud Commandos) with public accounts and they don‘t even bother covering faces or hiding their identities. When they do have private accounts they accept follow requests randomly without any sort of verification. This is extremely concerning and sad, I’ve seen regulars do this too for gaining a following and attention, possibly this is the reason for the rise in cases of honey trapping and all. @Automatic Kalashnikov and I were just talking about this privately

Last edited:

Aditya Roy

Country flag
If one searches properly in Instagram and other social media sites,one can find a significant number of them(serving members of the Garud Commandos) with public accounts and they don‘t even bother covering faces or hiding their identities. When they do have private accounts they accept follow requests randomly without any sort of verification. This is extremely concerning and sad, I’ve seen regulars do this too for gaining a following and attention, possibly this is the reason for the rise in cases of honey trapping and all. @Automatic Kalashnikov and I were just talking about this privately
If I am not wrong, a few years back a high ranked IAF officer responsible for overseeing Garud training or so was honey-trapped by Pak boys/girls. He was highly active on FB and leaked several Special Op. training exercise related documents.

Scramjet

Country flag
Exactly, they air live videos of them videocalling each other with a huge audience 😂

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
More than likely these talib SFs or propaganda demos are actually SSG guys only
Talibunnies even have a Spec ops regiment
With Chinese funding and equipment
Ofcourse trained by SSG members who cross over Durand line in "two month" leaves to work for Talibunny money, they probably make more money with Taliban than they ever can with Pakistani army

They even have dual tube NVGs and Comtacs

Last edited:

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Ofcourse trained by SSG members who cross over Durand line in "two month" leaves to work for Talibunny money, they probably make more money with Taliban than they ever can with Pakistani army

Kya bhakchodi hai

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

@AVINASH4061 sir your thoughts on the Talibunnies?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles