Indian Special Forces

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Dude you’re handling that very carelessly. Don’t post randomly popped stuff, post what is told or if you want to post use your own knowledge and common sense as well.
Ya'll Nibbiars then be cautious or else I have to limits my posting only to the few members.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars apology worked. Better than deleting and hiding mistake apologies. We even made a larger mistake but no one noted I and PK. Today many Indian Defence accounts were apologizing for that French Sub twitt.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
Sure, getting them ready for such cases in the event of a war or operations like surgical strikes is totally possible, but, inserting SF teams deep into enemy territory just for a bet is not believable regardless of how much pull some general might have.
Since 1950s, Indian Army has undertaken small team missions deep into Pakistani territory. An open secret.

"Surgical Strikes" of 2016 were just mere few kilometers deep, a routine action for troops along LC, in a way. You can meet a lot of young Naval Marcos who can share with you their pictures of 'visits' to the neighbours "boatyards".

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
The ones that require a FIC and ADC number and require you to not even touch 10 nms of the IB.

Hope that solves your doubt.

Ah, thanks for clearing my doubts.

I used to always wonder why the hell would you send a crew from Station Y in Central command, a helicopter/aircraft from station X in Western Command with crew on TDs to a station Z in Northern Command.

And then make the aircraft temporarily unservicable on a remote base Z1 in Northern Command and have 'maintenance crew' come in for 'repairs' and use those aircrafts for carrying out the task.

Guess all the geniuses don't know they have to follow the procedure as you have elaborated on.
Ofcourse, 'black ops' need all such clearances and there is absolutely no "need to know" and there has to be definitely a flight log/movement order/ entry/exit logs/ identification numbers/information to base commander...... which 'black op'/'top secret' mission does not have these things? Paper trail, information to every one is a must.

The team sent to RBI, Mysore facility for printing Rs 2000 notes in demonetization, were bloody liars as they only came to know their task once they were standing at the crossing near Columbia Asia Hospital ... straight from NSA's office, with whole of Southern Command having absolutely no clue as to why teams were moved from 5 different stations with orders to group up at Bangalore and then proceed to Mysore as a body of troops till they get orders once they reach there. Only 'teams to move for Internal Security duties' was known, ordered to carry all their weapons, signals equipment, ammunition 'for immediate combat needs'.

Excellent insights. :smile:

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Ah, thanks for clearing my doubts.

I used to always wonder why the hell would you send a crew from Station Y in Central command, a helicopter/aircraft from station X in Western Command with crew on TDs to a station Z in Northern Command.

And then make the aircraft temporarily unservicable on a remote base Z1 in Northern Command and have 'maintenance crew' come in for 'repairs' and use those aircrafts for carrying out the task.

Guess all the geniuses don't know they have to follow the procedure as you have elaborated on.
Ofcourse, 'black ops' need all such clearances and there is absolutely no "need to know" and there has to be definitely a flight log/movement order/ entry/exit logs/ identification numbers/information to base commander...... which 'black op'/'top secret' mission does not have these things? Paper trail, information to every one is a must.

The team sent to RBI, Mysore facility for printing Rs 2000 notes in demonetization, were bloody liars as they only came to know their task once they were standing at the crossing near Columbia Asia Hospital ... straight from NSA's office, with whole of Southern Command having absolutely no clue as to why teams were moved from 5 different stations with orders to group up at Bangalore and then proceed to Mysore as a body of troops till they get orders once they reach there. Only 'teams to move for Internal Security duties' was known, ordered to carry all their weapons, signals equipment, ammunition 'for immediate combat needs'.

Excellent insights. :smile:
Truly,

Never knew which General had a bet with which to involve the Air Marshals also just to prove a point.

Till now I had thought arranging a Gypsy with the Army camp after landing was a big deal for the IAFs operating crew but this sounds really remarkable.

Remarkable for the way of insertion and extraction because its 10000 times more suicidal for even SGs day to day ops standard and this has been done just for a bet.

A bet to involve so much assets when our jawans dead bodies comes in trucks with the coffins even sold for money.

If this story was true I would have really liked to know which idiot did this for fun.

But I will tell you something...I can write more believable true UFO encounter stories of IAF aircrafts and what actually happened in some missions which we did against Pakistan and China.

But I am not looking for masala followers.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Do we get Tavor X-95s with a Mepro Mor free of cost lol? I mean every X-95 even used by BSF and CRPF and even small police forces come with Mepro Mor, considering that the optic costs twice as much as an EOTech, that sounds too absurd to procure Mepro Mors for Police, CRPF, BSF and instead give them a basic red dot or magnified optic in that cost, what will a Police commando do with a Mepro Mor having visible and IR lasers, does He have NVGs? Our military Special Forces lack proper NVGs themselves.

Why procure Mepro Mor and waste money on something that is not required, and use it to procure better stuff.

ShoorVeer

Country flag
Do we get Tavor X-95s with a Mepro Mor free of cost lol? I mean every X-95 even used by BSF and CRPF and even small police forces come with Mepro Mor, considering that the optic costs twice as much as an EOTech, that sounds too absurd to procure Mepro Mors for Police, CRPF, BSF and instead give them a basic red dot or magnified optic in that cost, what will a Police commando do with a Mepro Mor having visible and IR lasers, does He have NVGs? Our military Special Forces lack proper NVGs themselves.

Why procure Mepro Mor and waste money on something that is not required, and use it to procure better stuff.
It is included in the price of the gun. That's why in the overall contract, it exists. New Punj-Lloyd manufactured X95s do not come with the sight. As seen with the Manipur Police.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It is included in the price of the gun. That's why in the overall contract, it exists. New Punj-Lloyd manufactured X95s do not come with the sight. As seen with the Manipur Police.
Can’t get you, why do they buy Mepro Mor sights with X-95s for no reason unless it is used by Special Forces, what is a police porce going to do with lasers?

ShoorVeer

Country flag
Can’t get you, why do they buy Mepro Mor sights with X-95s for no reason unless it is used by Special Forces, what is a police porce going to do with lasers?
Its not about the sight. When they first procured X95s in 2008-09, they got a quote that included both the price of the gun + sight. Let's say I ask you for a quote, and you give both price of gun + sight. Sight was thought of as a part of the gun. Similar to buying an AK with a butt stock. You get price of butt stock + rest of the gun.

Since then, that is how it has been. Sight was never bought because it was needed. Nor was training modified to make use of the laser. Its just part of the gun.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles